Discuss Towel Rail Spur to socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Simpleant

Hi, New to this, just looking for some advice. I have a Spur switch located outside of my bathroom connected to a towel rail inside my bathroom. I am looking to replace the Spur switch with a socket and have the towel rail an actual plug. This way I can place a smart plug between them to enable some smart home automation. I'm confused however because when I've changed plug sockets in the past they are similar to light fittings in that they just have 3 cables (live, neutral and earth).

I expect to see 6 cables in the Spur currently (3 for the power and 3 for the rail) however I see 9 (3xL, 3xN, 3xE), is anybody able to help identify these cables at all or what they are all doing?

I thiunk I have identified the towel rail as the cables are thinner but I do not know why there are 2 Live cables going into the same connection in the Spur, same with the neutrals and earths

Maybe it's just a fuse spur on a ring main... (Final Ring Circuit.. :) )

One cable is the outgoing cable to the towel rail and the other two form part of a radial or ring. Im guessing by the very nature of your question you dont hold the knowledge or competence of an Electrician? if so id suggest not dabling in this area due special location of the bathroom.

What zone is the outlet within the bathroom or how far away from the bath/shower tray is it?

Having set up the times etc on the timeguard model I can tell you that it’s far easier on a phone or tablet than fiddling around on a small screen

Reply to Towel Rail Spur to socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock