Discuss Tp+n Dis Board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

LankyWill

Morning All

I have a Hager TP+N Dis Board that i am installing later on this week. I need to purchase the switch disconnector for the board separately. Im unsure of which type to buy as i am getting conflicting statements.

Its Between:

4 pole 250A Switch Disconnector
3 pole 250A Switch Disconnector.

As its a TP+N board i thought the 4 pole would be better but one of the old boys say if their is a borrowed neutral it could become live!

Unless its TT then there isn't really going to be a requirement to install a 4pole incomer. Installing a 4 pole incomer could be a bad move if there were to be a UPS or similar referenced to neutral on the load side of the incomer.

Thanks for the help

Its a TNS earthing arrangement, 3 Phase with 400A per Line. This would be fed directly from the panel board on a 160A MCCB. When would you favour the 4 pole switch disconnector?

Hi - 537.2.1.1 says not necessary to switch the neutral if it is known to be reliably connected to earth via a suitable low impedance (as should be in your TN-S). In case others read this, for single phase domestic or similar then 537.1.4 applies and says we shall provide an isolation switch for both live conductors. Cheers, David.

Hi - 537.2.1.1 says not necessary to switch the neutral if it is known to be reliably connected to earth via a suitable low impedance (as should be in your TN-S). In case others read this, for single phase domestic or similar then 537.1.4 applies and says we shall provide an isolation switch for both live conductors. Cheers, David.

Cheers Wilko thats a good bit of info thier.

I would keep the N closed too.

Reply to Tp+n Dis Board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock