Discuss trade direct insurance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

guinnessgixer

I'm registered with benchmark, last year they contacted me to say I had to buy insurance to cover my work against faults for 6 years in case I was unable to work went bust or retired etc, I tried to say it was a load of crap but they insisted it was a government essential and they couldn't renew my policy with out it, is this right do you lot all have it? I cant find anything about it online, to get another quote and non of my mates have heard of it ?? confused!

I'm registered with benchmark, last year they contacted me to say I had to buy insurance to cover my work against faults for 6 years in case I was unable to work went bust or retired etc, I tried to say it was a load of crap but they insisted it was a government essential and they couldn't renew my policy with out it, is this right do you lot all have it? I cant find anything about it online, to get another quote and non of my mates have heard of it ?? confused!

I believe you may be getting confused with the fact that you need to have provision to offer a "PART P" warranty this is normally based on the cost of the job and as far as im aware lasts 6 years from install,it is supposedly an insurance backed warranty to cover what you had listed as well as shoddy workmanship,never heard nor seen it enforced in practise,th NICEIC make YOU pay this on all jobs,ELECSA will follo suit shortly,so you may need to look up part p warrany providors,how much is benchmark annualy?

Reply to trade direct insurance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am 17 years old and my main goal was to become an electrician. But I have been hearing from people that becoming a gas safety technician...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
My online name is LittleTyke. I joined the forum yesterday. I am 77 years old, male, retired, living in Lincolnshire. I have been doing various...
Replies
Views
hello , Just a note to see if anyone been in the same sort of journey as me? I wanted to retrain as an electrician at 40 and on bad advice did a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock