Discuss Trades to Site - a Warning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a warning about this company, They are a facilities management company based in Oxfordshire and I got a call out of the blue from someone called Will Simmonds a couple of months ago. He wanted me to do a couple of jobs at an opticians in Bath, it actually fitted in with my schedule quite nicely so I agreed to carry out the work the day they wanted it done. They said I would be paid within seven days of submitting my invoice so I submitted my invoice for a very reasonable price and that's the last I have heard from them. I have phoned them numerous times and emailed them but no response.

Next stop small claims court

Maybe there is a stand alone business there collection on debts like that.. Kray Brothers Limited or some thing

Its always some thing that scares me .. Not Wanting to Pay .. or wanting to PAY some other way..

Recorded delivery letter giving 7 days to make payment or on the 8th day a Small Claims Court letter will be sent. Do it by the book and have proof of all correspondents. Good luck.

Doing a quick bit of web research, William Simmonds is the sole director and has £100 share capital. As at October 2014 (latest accounts) They owed more than their debtors...
Latest annual accounts due soon..
As already stated, 7day letter then small claims.
Good luck

Andy

OK I still haven't been paid or received a reply to my recorded delivery letter. Has anyone out there ever taken a company to small claims court? I'm not sure if it's really worth it?

depends on the outstanding amount owed. if it's <£200 then write it off, unless you send a couple of heavies round. any debt collector, legal or not, wants about 15% or so as commission. if it's a limited company, you may well find that they gone into liquidation and you've got more chance of getting your money than the pope getting married.

If the company is still running then usually on receipt of a solicitors letter advising of legal action they will pay.
If not then you have a battle on your hands but may get the money eventually.
I am still owed £175 of the remaining £2000 balance from a job that if they had paid would have removed the county court judgement but they chose not to!

I know the company I work for have had to go through the small claims court route a couple of times for customers that think they can get work done and then not pay for it. The threat of legal action gets them to pay though.

hi JD Hogg

why not just go back to the opticians & start removing the work that you did, I am sure the optician will call them directly at this point, not sure on your terms & conditions a lot of people we work for have that materials belong to the company until settlement of final account (inv paid in full) no payment then removal as long as you don't break in & you do no damage then remove, make sure you go in whilst they are open then you wont be breaking & entering,
we have done some work for similar companies & can be a while to get paid not sure how long you have waited sometimes we have waited 3 months.

Never let anyone get away with owing you £1, even if you lose money it sets a bad precedent. I know a very successful business man who will chase £30 out of principle, he doesn't get had over that often.

No need for a solicitor just use https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Does he have a facebook page or do you have any details, normally a bit of bad publicity does the job.

Have you got anywhere with this? I am also owed money by Trades to Site Ltd. I am getting nowhere with letters and phone calls. I did some work at "The Works" shop in Nantwich and Crewe. The registered office address below which also looks like a home address.
Penrose House
67 Hightown Road
Banbury
OX16 9BE

Would contacting The Works be of any use and telling them that Trades to Site ltd aren't paying any bills?

The registered office address below which also looks like a home address.
Penrose House
67 Hightown Road
Banbury
OX16 9BE
When I checked google maps, Penrose House is occupied by Whitley Simpson Ltd, Charted Accounts. Possibly where Trade to Site has or had it's registered office.

I note that Companies House has 'Active proposal to strike off, against Trade to Sites. Which if you google that, it doesn't look promising. Perhaps if you contact the accountants, they may have the name of the liquidator?

I have called the accountants at this address. They are saying that Trades to Site Ltd. is still trading. If so then it seems that Will Simmonds is simply trying to get away with not paying his bills. He is not answering his calls or emails. Lawyers letters and small claims court is the next step. I'll have to look up if he has any social media accounts and try to get a response. I could also try to go through The Works to see if they know why Trades to Site is not paying it's subcontractors.

I have called the accountants at this address. They are saying that Trades to Site Ltd. is still trading. If so then it seems that Will Simmonds is simply trying to get away with not paying his bills. He is not answering his calls or emails. Lawyers letters and small claims court is the next step. I'll have to look up if he has any social media accounts and try to get a response. I could also try to go through The Works to see if they know why Trades to Site is not paying it's subcontractors.

From experiance of my previouse boss not paying me when I left mony claims on line then goes to local county court (you can't claim solicitors fees back as they feel you should be able to put your case without one but does not stop you if you win and they do not still pay you can tranfer it up to the high court ( can't pay we'll take it away) if the dept is over £600 I think. I think if you went round there to take materials away it is still your time wasted and you could be done for trespass theft etc if shop keeper pad for service.

Reply to Trades to Site - a Warning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock