Discuss Tradeskills4u in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

oh ye and whether any of the qualifications that you get from these courses will count towards the c&g 2330 certificates(since that's my real target, but college courses don't start till september) or is it totally different stuff ?

hello everyone,
I'm thinking of doing a course with tradeskills4u, haven't got enough for C&G 2330 atm, so i'm wondering whether either

Domestic Electrical Installer TS4U-17: Bronze

or

Domestic Electrical Installer TS4U-25: Silver

will enable me to apply for electricians mates jobs or would it be a waste of time ?

I have no previous experience in electrical work, but have been working in construction for just over 4 years.
thank you

They *may*. Thing is, most times someone is looking for a mate, its the practical experience they have rather than the quals people are after.

These courses will basically provide you with certificates of competence - for 17th, Part P, and basic test and inspection (required for Part P anyway). In short, they will certify you as competent to work on domestic electrical installations.

My advice to you, to be honest, right now, is if you're definitely getting into the industry, is that the bits of paper won't make any difference to you getting in the door if you have the commitment to do the quals once in, and demonstrate that. Your best bet is to get on the phone, knock on doors, and find someone willing to give you practical experience, and then consider the courses.

oh ye and whether any of the qualifications that you get from these courses will count towards the c&g 2330 certificates(since that's my real target, but college courses don't start till september) or is it totally different stuff ?

None of those certs will add towards the 2330. Shop around there is a company in London (they have a few centres) offering the level 2 for £2.7k

Accord is right they *may* help but you are better off just going for the 2330 and if you do the eal2 route you will re train over the domestic units as part of the 2330 anyway, so in effect you will end up paying twice if you then go for the 2330 later.

hey,
thanks, m8, that sounds like one hell of a challenge tho) to ask someone to employ me without me having any skills in that area. but is see where you're coming from and most guys on this forum say the same thing - get a job first and do courses along the way.
thanks for ur advice, accord)

besim, i know the company you mean - it's called olci and i'm not touching them with a barge pole. there's a thread about them in the corses section of this forum. have a look if you haven't already
cheerz)

TradeSkills4U are a decent centre and not to be confused with Trade4TradeSkills which is a similar company to OLCI. Both have a pretty poor reputation and trading standards are invesitaging their sales techniques.

However TradeSkills4U is a training centre, with training staff. Not salesmen.

Although it's a 'short course' training centre it does have happy customers that are now electricians.

And I think there's a market for all types of courses inc colleges, short and long courses etc. Not everybody has the same situation so it's nice to have choices. Just avoid "training centres" that employ sales staff and not training staff.

If they need to come to you to sell you the course, you probably don't want that course.

TradeSkills4U are a decent centre and not to be confused with Trade4TradeSkills which is a similar company to OLCI. Both have a pretty poor reputation and trading standards are invesitaging their sales techniques.

However TradeSkills4U is a training centre, with training staff. Not salesmen.

Although it's a 'short course' training centre it does have happy customers that are now electricians.

And I think there's a market for all types of courses inc colleges, short and long courses etc. Not everybody has the same situation so it's nice to have choices. Just avoid "training centres" that employ sales staff and not training staff.

If they need to come to you to sell you the course, you probably don't want that course.

I'll second that - they're not a million miles away from me, and generally I've heard only good things about them, and the training they provide. Costs seem very reasonable IMO too. I've got their DVD/brochure here, and will probably do my 2391 through them after that commercial abomination we've all got to suffer through next month.

Hi,
I completed my Part P, 17th Edition and 2392 at TradeSkills4U.
They are superb and are run by electricians, not salesmen.
In fact Simon Nobbs, actually helped write the famous Chris Kitcher book on testing and inspecting.
Going back next year for the 2391 ( and whatever course the government wish us to undertake as well ) !!!!
Sav

the abomination being ... ?

Christmas. That's a rant for the arms I think! Suffice it to say, I'm not anti-Christmas in any way, just anti - everything it has become, starting after Easter and finishing just before it....paying through the nose for crap nobody really wants, inflated food at inflated prices, everything with tinsel before the clocks ever get a chance to go back.....

..And that's waaaaay before three expetant little kids start on about new TVs, DVDs, SKY HD in their rooms, Nintendo game-whatevertheyarethesedays - laptops, mobile phones - you'd think Santa round here had done a five week wonder course and really was earning £50k an hour!

Oh - and if it's way before the kids kick off about every advert they see, you can't even begin to imagine the missus - nothing under four figures it seems these days - and it didn't go down well when I mentioned that number was the price tag, not her waist size.......oops.

And I thought we were talking about 20% VAT!!!!!

Lol! There is that abomination too!

At least the pubs and clubs have an extension on their VAT changeover until 6am on the 1st. For the rest of us, a minute past midnight - so ANY callout any of you guys do after the bells, if you're VAT registered, it's 20% or damned.

Reply to Tradeskills4u in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net