Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills course issues in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James Dalby

Im currently at a stage where I have been working on site now for a year as a electricians mate whilst undertaking the last part of this course.

It has come to my attention that the qualifications obtained through the course, I will unable to obtain a trainee card let alone a gold ECS card which is industry competency standard.

Ive brought my concerns to T4TS only to be told it was my responsibility to go through the paperwork with a fine tooth comb after point of sale. This rings alarm bells just how transparent the course is being sold.

Has anyone had the same issues & taken it further to how the course has been sold to what it actually offers to industry standard as Im at a loose end & can't seem to get in contact with JIB about it either.

Im 5 years in & 70% complete however was unaware what qualifications are needed to become a full spark until I started on site.

Any help or guidance would be muchly appreciated as I dont want to be shelling out nearly 3 grand more to partake doing the NVQ as well at 5 grand for this course.

Thanks

What qualifications did you think you were getting?
Do you have any paperwork stating you would get these with this course?

The way the course was sold to me was that I would gain the qualifications to become a fully qualified spark, they still uphold the qualifications gained I will be a fully qualified spark but they are not equivilent to a NVQ level 3 or the qualifications needed for a gold card, which is pretty much needed for any electricians job that I have seen advertised

weneed to knowwhat qualification you have been promised at the end of the course that you're on. if it's c&g 2365, then that's OK. you'd still need nvq3 for a gold card.

I'm guessing 2365. And just needs the convert to the full nvq3 for their ecs gold card.

So if that's the case it's just the class room bit of the cource and just need a bridge units and am2 test

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills course issues in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net