Discuss Training course recomendations in West Yorkshire in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

yorkie21

Hi Folks,

I am looking to start studying towards some electricians qualifications part time in the evening. I am considering changing careers but at the moment would like to do a course or two that may help me in the future. I have a back ground in electronics and telecomunications so hopefully some of the theory wont be new to me.

From what I can see the C&G 2357 NVQ is the route that now needs to be taken. I am not working in the industry so does nayone know if its possible to just do the knowledge units?

I am not under any illusions that I can do a couple of courses and become an electrician but would like to learn more about the trade and see where it takes me.

Any advice is welcome :)

Cheers

Yorkie

Ok I've sent you a pm with who NOT to go with. You may as well give me your money, come round to my house twice a week and become ten times better than what they could teach you. Rant over.

If you can commute to Leeds you have 2 options. Leeds city college or Leeds college of building. Both do evening classes for the C&G 2330 level 2 but sign up quick as it is changing soon. BTW Leeds city college is the best (that's where I qualified from so I would say that ;))

Both do the 17th ed. If you go onto the 2391 inspection and testing I would recommend TTA in osset, they may even do the 2330? I'll post a link and have a look for yourself.

Reply to Training course recomendations in West Yorkshire in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net