Discuss triangle undercupboard light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Following on from a post I made about a replacing a triangle undercupboard light, I found one - and wanted to check it is the right connection:

LED Wedge Downlights | Clas Ohlson

and the install PDF:

http://images.clasohlson.com/medias/sys_master/9264267853854.pdf

My existing wire connection is shown here:

http://s28.postimg.org/4ag7gijgt/IMG_20150515_122447.jpg

Would this be a straight swap? Is my existing wire already transformed correctly to match the 12 V DC, 1.25 A of this product?

Thanks,
Alex

can't tell from your 2nd pic. the lights you've linked to require 240V supply as they have the drivers with them.

new lamp needs 12v DC, measure whats on existing cable it (it may be AC if there was a halogen bulb in there)
or trace where that wire goes, have a look on the power supply, and replace it with the one provided with the lamp if needed.

Connector on the nd of existing cable may not fit as there is no proper standards for low voltage and hundreds of types available...
May be fixed with soldering iron or a smallish connector block...

From your initial post the light fitting you have would likely take a 12V G4 capsule bulb. I am not sure of the wattage but they are often 10W.
G4 12V bulb.jpg
The supply to the light fitting itself will be transformed down to 12V from a transformer probably located at the top of the kitchen cupboard. This would probably power several different fittings.
In the initial instance if you have other working lights (which would indicate that the transformer is working if it is powering several fittings) then I would recommend replacing the bulb before you try to replace the entire fitting.
The bulb looks like it would be accessible by prising out the retaining wire and releasing the glass cover, which should drop out. the bulb would then be pulled out from the socket, it is normally quite tight to get to, a replacement would be pushed back into place.
Generally transformers for halogen capsules do not work very well with LED fittings and they will have a shorter lifetime.

Reply to triangle undercupboard light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net