Discuss Tricks for pulling wires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mixmaker

Hello guys! I am a bit stuck with pulling wires through the wall. I am pulling new electrical cable to next room, cable are running behind ceiling plaster board, issue i am getting is that when i pull wire in the same route with other electrical wire, cable pulling rods hitting brick wall.What i have realised is that the cable route is "'snaky".What i mean is snaky: drilled holes in wood and wall are not on same way, one drilled hole 1 cm out.Could anybody tell me is there any tricks to pull this electrical cable?I know this cable has been pulled as new installation when house was already build.

Kind Regards!

Why are you replacing the cable?
I am not replacing any cables, i am running new cable.

deep breath and start cutting holes
I have already cut holes, the issue is it seems like there us 3 holes on way between walls, i tried to pull from both sides of the wall, and its stuck on a half way, i believe there is concrete in the middle of the wall, and the hole(somehow) was drilled 1cm out of anothe 2 holes. Is there any tricks for that?

bent coat hanger might help. gone fishing.

Best advice I can give is cut holes so you can see what's going on, then get ready to spend a lot of time faffing about with a draw wire, and get a friend to help you on the other side of the wall. Sounds like you may have to open up a large hole in the ceiling so you can get a drill in and make a new hole to be honest.

Sometimes a second person is just what you need but sometimes they are just not there! Sadface☹️ (If it works)

Just spent 2 glorious weeks (ok, possibly an exaggeration, an hour might be closer) trying to feed a new cable down beside an existing. Looked easy enough but in the end even bad language was ineffective so I disconnected the existing cable attached a draw line to the end of it, pulled it up into the roof space, attached the new cable and pulled the lot back down. I don't normally use this method, as it seems pretty easy to end up with one less cable installed rather than one more :oops:

Reply to Tricks for pulling wires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net