Discuss triton as200x power shower like for like in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi there

fitted a triton as200x power shower (gravity fed) today to replace exactly same model that was not working at all. Carried out initial testing on electrical circuit for minor works cert all well, isolated cold/hot water feeds from cold and hot water tanks, removed verey badly fitted old shower, fitted new shower. commissioned as per instructions making sure to purge pipe work. buttoned every thing up. switched on the supply to shower unit. still everything appeared fine good pressure and good flow but even with the temperaure setting at max the water was very cool but the hot water tap temp was also very low. Customer then switched hot water on to heat up water in tank. i then proceeded to replace the also broken 100mm axial fan. fitted new ventaxia fan no problems. then went back to the shower to check water temperature water was a little bit warmer but compared to the hot water tap still very low. i rechecked all connections, hot and cold isolating valves were fully open but every thing appeared normal. Now i am not a plumber so weather the original insatallation is a contributing factor i couldnt be sure( Customer said that the old shower provided very hot showers when working) or weather the flow control valve on this brand new shower (supplied by customer) was faulty i dont know. So i informed customer who was not happy that the water was not very hot, i suggested that the actual unit may be faulty and she would need to contact who she purchased it from or Triton direct as it should have a 2year warrenty. As there was nothing more i could do. She then stated that she would not be paying me for the work carried out as the shower was not working. i didnt even get paid for the fan which was working perfectly. where do you stand on this when you fit a shower that was supplied by the customer that appears to be faulty? i was disgusted at her attitude and decided to just leave couldnt make her pay lol

did the shower have an anti scald device, new showers have to have this safety gone mad
i would call her back and arrange a plumber to go with you so you get paid

yes it had one but also with a push button to overide even when at max it still was only luke warm. just appeared to not be mixing enough hot water with the cold. When i got home my admin lol also know as the wife rang the customer reguarding the shower and the fan and failiure to pay the customer informed her that she had called triton and they were sending a service engineer and she would deduct the cost of the service call from my bill lol strange the shower unit is brand new so should be covered by the warrenty, but also was not bought from triton direct

Last edited:
Did you check if the elements were all drawing current? What was the total load current when it was turned on full power and did it tally with the kW rating of the unit?

If the customer supplied the shower and you were just contracted to install then it's the customer's issue to take recourse from the supplier or manufacturer. If there's a pluming issue then likewise and there's no reason you shouldn't get paid.

I would have insisted that I had performed the work I was contracted to do therefore they should cough up the folding stuff. If it got ugly then I would have left an invoice and take the usual legal steps to get paid as and when necessary.

Thanks marvo thats how i feel if i had supplied the shower then its my responsibility as i didnt then its theres. Usually i would assist in this but she just stated your not getting paid its not good enough which frankly ****ed me off no end after spending nearly all afternoon trying to make this work. your right i carried out what was asked which was to install the shower(customer supplied) and the fan(which i supplied) The shower was a power shower no heating elements, hot water/cold water feed only 150w for the pump

i did do as you suggested and stated that i had done what was asked and that i cant be responsible for a faulty shower. also stating that the new fan had been installed and all electrical tests carried out but she was adament and i was just getting ****ed off so i decided to leave.

also as i never saw the old shower working ( with hot water or cold ) its impossible to know if this was an underlying problem. think ill avoid theses gravity fed power showers in future and at the end of the day if cant get any redress ive only lost the price of the fan and a few hours. just some people make you wanna scream lol

...The shower was a power shower no heating elements, hot water/cold water feed only 150w for the pump

Oops, sorry, I'm not very familiar with the shower units in the UK.

If the customer point blank refuses to pay there's very little you can do there and then. What I would do now is a full invoice and include details of what the customer supplied and what you did as well as time on site and the price (which I would charge at our highest labour rates if it were me.).

Type a separate letter stating you grievance at not getting paid based on the fact the items she supplied are not working. Be polite but firm and state that you hope the matter can be settled without it being handed over to your legal representative. If she still refuses to pay I would just go the tedious legal route but I would also make sure she gets blacklisted with the credit unions.

Check out this thread which has some good advice that was given to someone else in a similar position.

*EDIT*

........at the end of the day if cant get any redress ive only lost the price of the fan and a few hours.

Out of principal I wouldn't cave in....c'mon, grow a spine...what are you man or mouse???:)

Last edited:
if customer wont pay you what was agreed you should ask her for a copy of the engineers invoice so she cant pretend she had to pay for the call out,if that was me id be there when triton guy turns up to get a conclusion

thats a good idea re triton guy as i am not sure myself as to why the water was not very warm, when the customer stated that she had contacted triton she said that triton had said it was a commissioning problem my wife asked her for the number she rang and the number given was not triton some strange mail box number,so i just get the feeling this customer is trying to pull a fast one, i contacted triton myself to see if i could find out if a service call had been booked but they were unfortunately closed, i will try again in the morning. a written detailed invoice with a firmly worded letter is the next step.

Last edited:

Reply to triton as200x power shower like for like in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net