Discuss Triton shower rcd issues in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks. The guy from Triton is insisting no issues with the shower cos the guy checked the wiring. Sparky it is then!
No certificates then, how or what did the shower guy do to check the wiring?

Just took the cover off the shower. Was a “visual inspection”. He certainly didn’t seem to have any kit with him
That figures, after the Sparks has done what he can, please let the forum know what transpired

Just took the cover off the shower. Was a “visual inspection”. He certainly didn’t seem to have any kit with him

Standard triton stuff, did a new install triton shower failed after a couple of months. Customer calls me I go out check it and test it all again everything fine told them to call triton. I wasnt there but apparently they turned up were there for about a minute didn’t take cover off and said you need to call your electrician back to do a ramp test on the rcd as that’s the problem, it wasn’t even tripping anything just cutting out. After telling the customer the circuit has been tested twice and is fine. I called triton myself got an engineer and met him on site who said the pcb has gone and the details he got from the previous engineer visit was that he didn’t have the right parts to fix it. Shower of ---- I’d say

Rant alert - the original service guy lied and his actions have caused increased costs for the Customer, You and his company. And he has brought his company into disrepute. I don't understand how service departments can tolerate this?

I got a sparky out. He put in a 45amp mcb so all seems fine now. I just feel like Triton could’ve handled it a lot better. I find it astounding that they would install a shower without at least looking at your electrics!

I got a sparky out. He put in a 45amp mcb so all seems fine now. I just feel like Triton could’ve handled it a lot better. I find it astounding that they would install a shower without at least looking at your electrics!
It's quite simple really Mate, the money they make from, say, selling 10 showers far outweighs the chances of 1 or 2 causing trouble for their customers.

Reply to Triton shower rcd issues in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net