Discuss Trouble with Windows Live Mail in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Cat

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone understand Windows Live Mail?

I have 2 different Email addresses and can receive Email but cannot send any. Just realised that i have a load of emails that i thought had been sent but have not. Some are invoices!

A warning box appears saying:- Errors - Delete the photo email, create a new one, and try to send it again. (now i have no idea what photo email this is or where to find it!)

Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8CCC0002
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Tasks:- It checks for new messages on all accounts and a tick appears and says competed.
Send messages an x appears and says it has failed.

It must be easy for someone but for me it could be Chinese and i may through the bl**dy thing out of the window (maybe that's why it's called Windows!)
:banghead:

It would appear that it's unable to send a large email (maybe with a large attachment) by breaking it into smaller parts. Have a look in your outbox and see what unsent mail there is. You'll probably find that the oldest one in there is the culprit. See if you can move it into another folder and then try the send/receive again.

Thanks topquark well it was easy (as long as you know what you are doing, and i don't!) You'r a star! This has been going on for weeks!

No probs. You can probably zip the attachment you were trying to send up into a zip file to send it. It may make it small enough to send as zip will also compress the file. If you don't have that capability on your system get yourself a copy of 7-zip (it's a free download).

7-zip: 7-Zip

Reply to Trouble with Windows Live Mail in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net