Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Trust a trader, plentific and the list goes on in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. chris day

chris day Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Hello guys
    I have been looking at schemes which effectively bypass word of mouth with these online or app based middle men companies like trust a trader.
    more often than not your asked for say £300 upfront to be placed on the listings and before i hand over any cash i want to know of your experiences with these schemes?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    forget it. just another leech bleeding us dry.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Spend the money on a decent website.....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Some on here have a different opinion of these various companies, but IMO they are just using the publics concerns on employing a reputable trades person, one I've seen is even using peoples blind obedience to technology, by deploying an app.

In domestic work, and I don't see many commercial or industrial customers being fooled by them, we now have the Schemes, Competent Person web site and these various third party organisations, who are taking money out of peoples pockets, acting as glorified yellow pages.

About time something was done about this madness. If a political party, suggested a manifesto to ban these organisations, they would get my vote at the GE :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RWJ

RWJ 8,330 day wonder Electrician's Arms

All leech companies! Ask them to prove how good they are by a free trial, if you get a yes then you'll see first hand how poor their leads are!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Biggledyboo

Biggledyboo National Cross-stitching champion 2014-2015

Trust-a-trader. Sh!te! They want a horrible up front fee just to be on their books.

Used 'mybuilder' for a while, but account is blocked now with no intention of unblocking.
    I swear the majority of tradesmen on there are bottom feeders. Put a job on there myself once, to see what it s like the customer end. You get blokes coming in at eyewateringly cheap prices, just to win jobs. Its sickening.

Stick to word of mouth. Process is slow, but worth it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Paul mccullagh

Paul mccullagh EF Member

Trustertrader....a lot of money for minimal return,get your name out there through Facebook ,cost nothing and you will get work and your name out there.
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. chris day

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Exactly what i had done RWJ, i spoke with a sales rep a Plentific and i said if i get a lead from your bronze package then i will upgrade.
    I was a bit cheeky and posted a fake job to be done, spark phoned me up and told me everything i need to know which was essentially what i thought.

• Like Like x 1
  9. chris day

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Put a job on there myself once, to see what it s like the customer end. You get blokes coming in at eyewateringly cheap prices, just to win jobs. Its sickening.

Thats exactly what i done