Discuss Trust a Trader vs Rated People in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mamba

Has anyone out there subscribed to both and can offer any views and advise on Trust a Trader.

I am registered with Rated People and all the short comings assosioated with them - there are loads of threads on this subject.
I have recently made enquiries recently with Trust a Trader and first impression is that they seem a little more professional. They first and foremost at least ask for your qualifications and proof of registration with NIC - Napit etc, before putting you on their books. Before splashing out on the ÂŁ600.00 + vat fee they are asking for, as a measure thought I would put it out there and see others views on them and how they run and operate.

I think you need to ask yourself how much you have seen them advertised before now. I cant say i have seen them advertise from a consumer point of view. I had a firm called professional tradesmen try to sell to me and apart from a website that i found searching for them directly i could find nothing else on them. For ÂŁ600 a year you could join checkatrade that seem to spend a bit more on prime time advertising. However there will be lots of well establishest firms using this already so they would come up first when people search on there. I had a load of cards printed recently and dropped them out recently in the local area and had printed on the back "please retain this card incase of emergencies" and the electrical safety register logo and my website and im still getting a lot of calls back from them if that helps at all.

Here's my bet, you'll pay your ÂŁ600 and never hear from them again until renewal time when they'll want another ÂŁ600. I've not heard of trust trader so my guess is they're just another bunch of parasites who'll take your eyes out then come back for the sockets. Look at your local options mate, you'll be better off.

My god ÂŁ600, i might start my own version up, there's obviously plenty of mugs out there eager to get parted from there cash!
Too late Welchy. givemeallyourmoneyinreturnfornobenefitatallyoumug . co .uk goes live in about 2 hours, I'm predicting a deluge of people rushing to give me loads of cash in order to gain access to a few potential customers (well me and the admin staff) (well actually me and the Mrs)

More cash grabbing go-betweens :toilet:
Don't you call me that! givemellyourmoneyinreturnfornobenefitatallyoumug . co . uk will provide a valuable service enabling tradespeople from all over to get in touch with several potential customers

- - - Updated - - -

Well a few potential customers

Just Joined 'Trust a trader' It has cost me ÂŁ 599.00 + Vat after hearing them endlessly for the last few weeks on the radio in my area. I thought with the way things are at the moment every little helps (pardon the pun), if i get two jobs from them in the year i will have made my money back. I have a website and have been trading for 10 years without using any advertising so thought i'd give it a go and see if it drums up any more revenue. I agree with previous posts these type of companies can be mis-leading but lets hope i've made a sensible decision.

Just Joined 'Trust a trader' It has cost me ÂŁ 599.00 + Vat after hearing them endlessly for the last few weeks on the radio in my area. I thought with the way things are at the moment every little helps (pardon the pun), if i get two jobs from them in the year i will have made my money back. I have a website and have been trading for 10 years without using any advertising so thought i'd give it a go and see if it drums up any more revenue. I agree with previous posts these type of companies can be mis-leading but lets hope i've made a sensible decision.
2 nice little jobs........ÂŁ300 profit on each.
Good luck, anyway.

lets hope

and prey
icon7.png

I hope you have success,but the opinions that are given by previous users would suggest your money will be wasted
I am relieved to say,there is no better advertising than word of mouth,I have never advertised in my life and am rarely if ever short of work

It saddens me to hear how sparks get ripped off by leeches, whether it be these middle men leeches or the masters of urine extraction ,the agencies, but good luck all the same

lets hope

and prey
icon7.png

I hope you have success,but the opinions that are given by previous users would suggest your money will be wasted
I am relieved to say,there is no better advertising than word of mouth,I have never advertised in my life and am rarely if ever short of work

It saddens me to hear how sparks get ripped off by leeches, whether it be these middle men leeches or the masters of urine extraction ,the agencies, but good luck all the same

Too True i have never advertised before and have had a good living from this industry, but thought nothing ventured nothing gained so thought i'd give it a go. If its a complete failure and i have nothing but regret i will only have myself to blame, But they have 12 months to prove me wrong Lets Hope!!!!

lets hope

and prey
icon7.png

Des Could not aggree more, by far the best and cheapest form of advertising and referal is word of mouth. 100%. Add to this that refered jobs always yeild the biggest margins as well, by a distance.

However to get regular referals and to be effective and reliant solely on this method - it is fair to say one has to have a very broad base of past and present happy clients as well as a huge base of family friends pub mates etc which I have no doubt in my mind you have, and who are happy to put your name forward so as you get continuous and regular work on this basis, it is simply a law of averages and supply and demand.

Many of us out there do not have the luxuary of 100% referals which drive the business and as such have to expolore other avenues and vehichles to market and promote ones small business in todays economic and very competitive market hence my investigation into Trust a Trader and get the valued views of guys like yourself.

Too late Welchy. givemeallyourmoneyinreturnfornobenefitatallyoumug . co .uk goes live in about 2 hours, I'm predicting a deluge of people rushing to give me loads of cash in order to gain access to a few potential customers (well me and the admin staff) (well actually me and the Mrs)
Trev, I've googled your site but its not up and running so where do I send my hard earned cash because it sounds like a blinding idea.
:smiley2:

Here's my bet, you'll pay your ÂŁ600 and never hear from them again until renewal time when they'll want another ÂŁ600. I've not heard of trust trader so my guess is they're just another bunch of parasites who'll take your eyes out then come back for the sockets. Look at your local options mate, you'll be better off.
tell you what Trev....wouldn`t it be interesting to find out how many of these efforts are proper setups.....and how many are just operating out of a bedroom `office` or summat?...lol..

Why oh why do people pay up to these types of sites?
Surely you can see, word of mouth a leaflet drop, local rag advertising can be done for far less than the parasitic Web trades for all sites.
Why pay your hard earned money to Dickinson Turpin who sits in his bed room doing good sod all for you......

But as they say....A fool is easily parted from his money!

Reply to Trust a Trader vs Rated People in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net