Discuss Trustmark worth £80 a year? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

peterhyper

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have the trustmark membership thinking that it makes the business look professional, even though I've never had a single call from anyone saying they've seen me on the trustmark site. I believe it's around £80 a year (haven't got the invoice to hand), and wondering if it makes the slightest difference to a customer that I am trustmark approved when they see the logo.

Any opinions/thoughts appreciated?

Last edited:
Can't comment on a personal basis, but if Trustmark is akin to Trusted Trader, the consencus is that it may be a waste of your hard earned

Simple answer - Nope.

Due to an admin error about 6 years ago at (yeah you guessed it) NICEIC we fell off the Trustmark scheme, didn't realise until our annual assessment where our area engineer noticed and said we weren't the only ones.

Always intended to rejoin but never ever noticed a difference and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has every asked for it!

I did contact the NICEIC about rejoining a while ago they just hounded me about joining the expensive Which scheme, so I think the NIC have effectively given up on Trustmark.

Save your money.

So you’ve never got any work from it? But are thinking of paying £80 for a something that has not earned you a penny just cost you pounds.
Think that answer you question

you could up until start of year if you had trustmark get a years free rated people membership with credit each month to use for the leads, effectively making it free if you didnt go over the credits. but think its stopped now. so no benefit from my view. I have it but wont be renewing it next time

So you’ve never got any work from it? But are thinking of paying £80 for a something that has not earned you a penny just cost you pounds.
Think that answer you question
Ik

I was more wondering if the logo potentially helped the business as clearly not one person calling from the trustmark website would make it a definite no goer in itself.

I'm not overloaded for work, but have enough to keep me happy so I will go with the consenus and not renew it, but instead take the wife for a belated valentines meal at the harvester off the early bird menu. I already bought her a valentine card so I don't want to overdo it.

IMG_2716.JPG

Strange this thread should come up today, as this morning I got a call from a customer who got my details from a website linked to the trustmark site. Got a days work fault finding a tripping RCD; so at least the registration has paid for itself this year; last year though I got zilch. The way to play it with Trustmark I think, is to have your website linked to the Trustmark testimonial page, customers who leave reviews are properly vetted before they are posted.

Reply to Trustmark worth £80 a year? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net