Discuss TS100 Soldering Iron in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not going to be able to plug in a soldering iron in the jungle.
yes he can. a monkey treadmill coupled to a generator will cope with small loads such as a sodering iron. just needs fuel . as in a crate of bananas.

Looks handy enough,and the use of a convenient power source,from an existing tool,would be my first thought.
Are there any specific add-ons listed for it,such as a de-soldering head? These are the bits i end up fabricating,and would be nice to have a manufacturer put the R&D in,and save me more time to spend annoying the kids :)
I edited post#5 to include the info on the tips available from the manufacturer.

I actually bought the kit version which was a bit more expensive but it included 2x tips (BC2 and B2) as well as an ESD connector but you can also buy it as just the iron with only a B2 tip.

The tips are the modern type, each with its own built-in heater and temp sensor which makes them much faster and far more temperature stable than the older type of tip where they just slid over the heater which was an integral part of the iron. Obviously however this makes the tips more expensive than the ones you get for cheap DIY / hobby soldering irons.

One good thing is that whilst the manufacturer only sells a very limited range of tips the T100 iron also works fine using the T12 tips from my Hakko soldering station. Whilst the T12 Hakko tips come in a very wide range, the only issue is that they're are around 50mm longer than the T100 tips so this makes them a bit awkward to use with the T100 iron.

3.jpg
Hakko T12 Tip
4.jpg
T100 Tip

Here's the range of general Hakko T12 tips available;

T12 - 1.jpg

T12 - 2.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed he was in South Africa. SA uses BS546 15amp plugs not Europlugs though.
SA has officially changed its plugs recently. We used to use the old BS546 plugs and sockets
6.jpg

but now all new installations must use the 15Amp IEC 60906-1 plugs and sockets that look like this;

5.jpg

or a mixture like this

M.jpg

Incidentally the 2-pin plug on the charger will fit in the 3-pin socket above.

The Antex is the old type iron which doesn't have the heater built into the tip so it will be much slower to heat and it's not accurately temperature controllable so it's probably okay for hobbyist type applications but not suitable for board repair and SMD component soldering where temperatures are more critical.

TBH the Antex is probably fine for most general sparky use as well whereas the TS100 iron is more suitable for people who work more with component level electronics, for a domestic sparky it's probably not worth spending the extra money for the TS100.

Reply to TS100 Soldering Iron in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock