Discuss Tt rcd in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

devlin maguire

Hi All hope you can define this for me TT installation 100mA RCD, is a main switch required in conjuction with this. I do not think so as a this (and all others ?) RCD conforms to BSEN 60947 so why would some think that an addition method of isolation is required ??
Dev

An rcd complies with 537.2.2 Devices for isolation
In my opinion it complies better, sometimes, than a double pole isolator on a domestic consumer unit 537.2.2.3

There are hundreds of thousands of installations with the same set up
They complied before and nothing has changed regarding isolation devices to alter that

An RCD upfront on TT's, since the 17th, is only really required if the CU is metal clad and not insulated.

As long as all the other circuits are protected by 30mA RCD. If they were installed in earthed metal conduit or similar negating the need for 30mA protection, then there would still be the need to install an RCD front end so that the 50V touch voltage is not exceeded, ;)

Reply to Tt rcd in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

See this time after time - poor installation: new split load board on a re-wire tt installation. The main switch is not a time delay rcd. The...
Replies
Views
Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, I have 7 static caravans to connect which need to be connected via TT 1. All the vans have a 30ma RCD main switch internally...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can't get an RCD to switch on at all, even with the main isolator switched off. Is that definitely a faulty RCD or could it be something...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock