Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss TT submain to summerhouse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sibo14

Sibo14 EF Member

hi all,

Looking for opinions for a job I’ve been asked to do.

Supply to summer house\workshop approx 8m away. TT system as out in the sticks. They want a couple of sockets and lights so going to give them a 25amp supply

House cu is split load job which is full and dosen't have a 100ma main switch.

Current plan:

Split tails and install small cu with 100ma s type rcd and mcb at house end.

2 or 3 core swa buired direct to another cu in the summerhouse with 30ma rcd and mcbs as required.

no bonding required at summerhouse but add second earth rod depending on the readings.

Other way i thought of doing it to reduce the cost slightly was use a 30ma rcbo at the house and jused fused spur for the lights in the summerhouse.

any thoughts?

2. Risteard

Risteard Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    I would have the S-type RCD at the origin of the installation so that it is protecting everything including the tails (apart from the DNO's tails from the meter).

I also wouldn't use a circuit breaker - a switch fuse would be a much better solution.

3. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Agree with above ^^^ about the switch fuse being more appropriate. It would give added protection. You can choose the rating of the fuse to suit your designs

4. bigspark17

bigspark17 Electrician's Arms

How do you come to 25a required out of interest?
    You should put the Stype covering the whole install, is bonding in the house in place?
    I would run a 3c 10mm in these instances.