Discuss TT system and gas bond in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Doing some bits for an old boy and checked the bonding, the gas bond does not go back to the DB or MET, but is staked right next to the main earth rod.
I suppose it will effectively put the pipework in the same equipotential zone as the main earth, but just why make your life harder?
TT system and gas bond {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

TT system and gas bond 20180118_100924 - EletriciansForums.net

In effect the system now has 2 earthing conductors to 2 points of earth connection in parallel assuming the gas pipe has continuity to the met via the water pipe perhaps
Its not permitted for the service pipe to be used as the means of earthing
Thats what it will do if the resistance of its rod is lower than its mate nearby

In effect the system now has 2 earthing conductors to 2 points of earth connection in parallel assuming the gas pipe has continuity to the met via the water pipe perhaps
Its not permitted for the service pipe to be used as the means of earthing
Thats what it will do if the resistance of its rod is lower than its mate nearby
That's very true, but may also be the case in many TT systems where other services enter the building in metal pipework.

Doing some bits for an old boy and checked the bonding, the gas bond does not go back to the DB or MET, but is staked right next to the main earth rod.
I suppose it will effectively put the pipework in the same equipotential zone as the main earth, but just why make your life harder?
TT system and gas bond {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

View attachment 40331
why didn't they just put it onto the other rod ?
or, for the sake of equipotential difference......just call one Rodney and the other one Roderick........labelled up of course.

All around me is a zone of equipotential bonding, at least on Saturday nights :p
The book entitled - ‘The conquests of Wilko the Conqueror’, I had you pegged as married Wilko or is that what you are eluding to? Eeewh, with your wife? Disgusting !

Reply to TT system and gas bond in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock