Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Turning Programmer ON/OFF from 2 different locations in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. D80

D80 Guest

Got a customer that wants to be able to turn the heating programmer on and off from two different locations (the kitchen where the current programmer is and also from the bedroom above).

Is there anything on the market that can do this?

Its a single channel programmer at present.

2. roukel01

roukel01 Electrician's Arms

a Wireless stat that you carry around with you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. D80

D80 Guest

Customer wants 2 fixed locations, and on/off at either, so that rules that out unfortunately.

4. murphyosama

murphyosama Guest

stupid idea

5. ecowarrior

ecowarrior New EF Member

Heatmiser do a WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi
    WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi - Heatmiser - Stylish Thermostats for Modern Living
    conventional or combi-boiler systems - 3 wires, etc

That means that the heating can be controlled over the internet, and therefore, from an Android/iPhone/Blackberry/PC/iPad etc from any room in the house, any house, etc...!
    If they wanted a wall mounted control, you could stick a cheap (£70) PCTablet on the wall for them.
    £154 apparently, but you'll also need broadband and wifi at home.
    I've never used any Heatmiser stuff, but this is somethign I came across as a potential for my house. I'm guessing honeywell and the others may also do wifi enabled controls, but I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HandySparks

HandySparks Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    I like the look of the WiFi enabled programmable thermostat mentioned by ecowarrior.

If the customer doesn't want to go that route, I think you need to find out what they actually want to achieve. It may be that simply adding a cheap timer situated in the bedroom in parallel with the programmer might do most of what they need. They can then have up to 2 hours heating without touching the programmer downstairs.

I'm thinking of something like this runback timer from Timeguard:
    Timeguard Run Back Timer c/w Boost| MeteorElectrical.com

• Like Like x 2
  7. D80

D80 Guest

Thanks for the useful post!

8. D80

D80 Guest

Cost is an issue I'd suspect, but will put that suggestion across. Was hoping there was a programmer about that could be controlled remotely and at source (like a 2 way programmer).

Will also suggest the Booster switch and/or fitting a room stat as well...