• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Tv Aerial amplifier cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
daughter moved into a 1 bed rented flat for uni tv Aerial works in lounge but not in the bedroom feeds of 1 aerial it looks like landlord says she needs a cable that connects to the wall socket (bedroom) to tv with a little box attached to amplify the signal from the main aerial point in the lounge ..what's the cable called I'm looking for hope you understand what I'm on about people ....Thanks picture would be great
( tv works in lounge but not in bedroom says no signal

Is it connected?
You can buy the made up cable you need from outlet to TV .
Those amplifiers are not great .
For that distance I think it may be more of a connection , or lack of it problem.

How does the main aerial cable come in , is it teminated to an outlet box ? If so see if it is distributed from there .
How far are the two TV's apart, you could make up a lead to see if that gives you a picture . TV cable and joiners are not expensive.

Is it one of those setups that seem quite common these days. The bedroom tv point will run to the back of the main tv point. Usually a module in a muti gang data plate, it needs a splitter from the aerial to plug into this return module and loop the signal to the bedroom. Usually a setup I have seen for Sky to be viewed in two rooms, enabled through the RF out on the Sky box, then connected the the return module on the media plate.

I've just looked inside the main socket on the wall there's 2 cables going into it with built in amplifier
Discription of socket in lounge 2 screw in ports sat1 and sat2 not used ,TV ,FmDAB,And a return port ...TV,DAB and RETURN all the same push in COAX ..I put tv cable into the Tv port it works put in return port no signal put it in the DAB port I got sound and picture

You need to be sure that the second wire goes to the bedroom and that it is terminated properly , and it has continuity.
You could connect it to the lounge out cable to see if that helps. Both cables could be amplified .
It is difficult to to know without seeing it as this could have been interfered with in the past , it is likely with it being student accomodation and the landlord seemed to know it was not working

Reply to Tv Aerial amplifier cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back