Discuss TV room - ideas please in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Our extension is now being built and we have a room which is for the kids/TV so I want to make sure its done right..... so my plan is:

TV on wall with socket behind, trunking inside wall to "devices" below.

3 x 2G sockets
2 x TV points (we have a splitter/amp which can cope with satellite, freeview, FM, DAB etc
2 x CAT 5 points
1 x BT point

The devices we have are:

Xbox one
Xbox 360
Wii
Humax hard disc recorder

cabling and outlets for surround sound - 2 in rear corners at "ear" height, 2 in front corners at "ear" height.

What else do I need to allow for?

Thoughts and input please.

Thanks

Fit a HTMI lead or 2 even from where your sky box is going to the back as well, you can buy long HTMI leads and a unbroken one will give a super quality HD signal.

Fit a HTMI lead or 2 even from where your sky box is going to the back as well, you can buy long HTMI leads and a unbroken one will give a super quality HD signal.

Nice idea but we don't have sky. We do have an android box though!

I would have another socket, the number of things plugged in can get ridiculous, and when they want to charge the phone and the ipad without getting up...
Also another BT point in the room for phone, not necessarily for the set up.
Also the remotely operated contactor to disconnect all power to the room when the kids are playing up!

i know you said trunking but in my work we had to fit 4 monitors on a wall, and we used for oversized copex with a dry lining box, so at the bottom theres a small box with cables coming out of, and various hdmis heading up the copex inside the wall.

Id like to see pictures once its done (y)

i know you said trunking but in my work we had to fit 4 monitors on a wall, and we used for oversized copex with a dry lining box, so at the bottom theres a small box with cables coming out of, and various hdmis heading up the copex inside the wall.

Id like to see pictures once its done (y)

Good timing and imput matey. The roof has just gone on and I will be looking at this more closely tomorrow....

When you say oversized copex, what size do you use?

I fitted a 50mm land drain in my wall when I did mine. Been great as made life so much easer when changing and add stuff.

Reply to TV room - ideas please in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock