Discuss Twin&earth and SWA installed loose on floor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

OP if your brothers not happy with the install. Put together a letter or an email of your concerns, and send it to the sales team, with whom you've made your purchase.

Ask them to address these matters. If that cable has a securing stuffing gland at one end, why hasn't it got one at the other, for example. The inner core should not be exposed.

It looks rushed in. you can easily wire PVC/PVC T & E through the voids and keep it neat. I think it could be 4.0mm 3 core SWA (I have had the jacket in SWA white) The SWA should be earthed at least one end SWA should be made off in some sort of compression gland.

The CU end of the SWA has been glanded - but with a stuffing gland:
Twin&earth and SWA installed loose on floor {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Now I've received the pictures, I cannot identify what the 'allegedly SWA' cable really is - can anyone identify it from the image below?
Twin&earth and SWA installed loose on floor {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
So the SWA is not earthed.

We've now firmly established that the conductors are 2.5 sqmm. The spec is not embossed on the cable jacket where we'd expect to find it, but each of the 7 strands of copper in each of the 3 cores is around 0.7 mm in diameter, so πr² X 7 gives us 2.5 sqmm

We've now firmly established that the conductors are 2.5 sqmm. The spec is not embossed on the cable jacket where we'd expect to find it, but each of the 7 strands of copper in each of the 3 cores is around 0.7 mm in diameter, so πr² X 7 gives us 2.5 sqmm

Only person that actually clarify what spec this cable is, is the installer.

The job hasn't been signed off or certified yet. Anyway, I'm advising that my brother shouldn't accept this work.
The contractor was going to do the external run in T&E until my brother (a civil engineer by profession) insisted that SWA be used.
Just been looking at this thread again, and have to ask why would your Brother stipulate SWA?

The job hasn't been signed off or certified yet. Anyway, I'm advising that my brother shouldn't accept this work.
The contractor was going to do the external run in T&E until my brother (a civil engineer by profession) insisted that SWA be used.
Just been looking at this thread again, and have to ask why would your Brother stipulate SWA?

looks like SWA as Andy says, with the bedding exposed, going to the isolator,and some stripped out inner from isolator to CCU. whatever it is, it's a complete abortion and needs ripping out.
and i got a "bad spelling" for that by a member who's posted less than 30 times in 8 years. hmmm.

Cable Specification: NYY-J Mains and Control Cable Non Armoured manufactured to standard IEC60502-1 and VDE 0276-603 and available in sizes 5mm to 16mm and in 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 cores. The cable features solid plain copper conductors, PVC insulated, PVC filler, PVC outer sheath. Black. 600/1000 volts grade to IEC60502-1 and VDE 0276-603. For installation indoors and outdoors as underground, or in cable ducts, installations with additional protection where mechanical damage is unexpected.

Am I reading this right?

Reply to Twin&earth and SWA installed loose on floor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock