Discuss Twin Immersion Thermostats in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chloebear

Hi again,

I tend not to get involved with heating systems, but I have just been on a site where they have had a new Hot water tank installed with 2x immersion thermostat heaters in the tank, each of these is rated at 3Kw. Each has a separate feed with its own spur. There is no economy 7 or boiler so its just hot water - the client would like a timer for the tank but all the timers I have come accross are only rated at 13A so will only cover 1 of the thermostats - anyone know of a timer that can control both or do I have to fit 2 timers?:(

If you doing a c.u. change as well and cost aint an issue then you could give that pro' touch and get a two tier dist'board with the second tier just an empty dinrail, then mount two modular contacts and a modular timeclock this way all timing and controls are inside the consumer unit.

Alternatively you could get a 2channel timeclock and feed two contactors this way the timeclock would let you time each channel seperate and seperate control of each element. The only issue is how to supply the timeclock, personally id run a seperate radial for the control circuit, then the loss of power to either element wont shut the system down.
These options aint the cheapest route but give better control and look more professional but as Steamboat willy said its cheap quick and simple to fit two clocks.

Last edited:
am i right in saying one thermostat is near the top of the cylinder and the other at the bottom, if this is the case then put the bottom on a time clock and the top on a switch fused spur as it can then be used as a top up, switched on by home owner if they require a little more hot water.
hope this helps
AJ

How about one of these.
HOE7Q.JPG

• 150 hour battery backup.
  • Quartz motor. 3kw switching.
  • Neon indicator for on / off peak.
  • Single, dual, twin immersion controls.
  • Summer / Winter time markings.
  • 0-60 minute Boost timer.

Last edited:

Reply to Twin Immersion Thermostats in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net