Discuss Two bathroom lighting circuits one fan in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iamnotthemessia

Hello i'm a builder constructing a very posh bathroom. The customer wants two lighting circuit, one main the other mood but both ned to trigger the in line fan. In electronics ( my background ) I'd use an OR gate, is there a 240v alternative, my electrician doesn't know of anything. Customer really wants to shower with mood lighting.
Cheers

Use a double pole switch or double pole pull cord for each set of lights.

Perhaps just have the two sets of lighting on seperate switches and the fan on a ceiling mounted PIR ? Then if the posh owners do something nasty in the bog during daylight hours the fan will still help out. :laugh3:

How about this? :)

Two bathroom lighting circuits one fan posh_bathroom_2xlight_and_fan.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Grid switches (or DP pull cords) for the switches. If you need the fuse too (for fusing down the fan, if it requires it), you could fit this all in a 3 gang grid switch.

some posh git thinks he's donald frump. what's the point of mood lighting in a shower when youse got yer eyes closed to keep the bloody soap oot.

PIR option as suggested above sounds promising. That way if you have a shower in the daylight you don't need to put the lights on. Or just a fan with a pull switch built in - it's not exactly hard work to pull the cord is it. Daz

I think it may be Vent axia do a 100mm fan with a pir, fitted one a few years back or another option could be not switched with the lights but on a humidistat

It's a shame that the OP doesn't get back to us, especially when you get good info like in post #6. Not even a Thanks....

It's a shame that the OP doesn't get back to us, especially when you get good info like in post #6. Not even a Thanks....

Standard.

"He's a very naughty boy." (his username kinda gives it away).

Standard.

"He's a very naughty boy." (his username kinda gives it away).

I cant slag the guy off for his user name. Its a great sketch from a great film.

Reply to Two bathroom lighting circuits one fan in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock