Discuss type fitted breakers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry, I mean there is a 18th edition updated guidance note 3. To match the new Regs. I can't imagine it says in the new blue Regs book, codes for different mcbs. The Wiring Regs don't do things like that.
When I get mine we must compare notes then sham. What makes you say that sham?

Provided it is verified by the original manufacturer as being suitable. Personally I never mix manufacturers.
I have never had a manufacturer giving me it in writing that it is ok . Had unofficial advice but never willing to put it in writing.

Sorry, I mean there is a 18th edition updated guidance note 3. To match the new Regs. I can't imagine it says in the new blue Regs book, codes for different mcbs. The Wiring Regs don't do things like that.
Apparently there is a regulation, I am currently trying to find out the number, will update the forum, if and when I get an answer.

Apparently there is a regulation, I am currently trying to find out the number, will update the forum, if and when I get an answer.

It is similar in the 17th Ed but reworked to take in the new Reg as in #18.
I think the information I understood it to be was wrong think its somewhere in 536.4.203 and from what I can see it states as long as it fits OK then it's OK to use, was / is this a case of the NICEIC spreading alarmist talk among the electrical fraternity? There is a Caveat that you must have confirmation fro the makers, that the OCPDs are sfe to use in someone elses DB/CU.

Last edited:
I think the information I understood it to be was wrong think its somewhere in 536.4.203 and from what I can see it states as long as it fits OK then it's OK to use, was / is this a case of the NICEIC spreading alarmist talk among the electrical fraternity? There is a Caveat that you must have confirmation fro the makers, that the OCPDs are sfe to use in someone elses DB/CU.
Yip thats correct the page has been put on page 2 ( i think )of this thread

Reply to type fitted breakers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock