Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Types of connection methods in electrical installation in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Ilaya

Ilaya EF Member

Hi guys , can you please help me regarding about my one of my assignments about types connection methods in electrical installation. This is my first year in electrical course thats why im struggling, hope you can help me guys

2. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Welcome to the forum.

We would need to know a little bit more about the question to be able to assist.
    Are you talking about how electrical power is connected to installations, are you covering connection of cables together, perhaps it is covering means of connection of portable equipment or maybe the connection of accessories to the fixed wiring.

• Like Like x 1
  3. soms

soms Trainee Access

I would seriously recommend buying a text book. Depending on your training provider and how they run the course, I would have thought that your Tutor would have recommended a book to you already.
    I undertook a L2 Electrical Installation course last year at a local college and we were encouraged to get a text book to help us for revision and reference for our assignments. Having A copy of the On Site Guide was essential for some of our theory units and open-book exams.
    The text book I have has table in it with a list of termination types and a description of the methods of termination.

The types listed are:
    Standard clamped terminal, post type, crimped termination, soldered, push type

If you look those up you should find information to complete your assignment.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Welcome to the forum. As has been said, get yourself a textbook or two, secondhand, a couple of years old are fine and the grass roots information has not changed, local libraries also stock some or can get them. Read and read, in the bath, on the toilet - immerse yourself in it if your life allows you. Search the forum before you post questions as there is plenty of previous questions answered by very experienced sparks. Enjoy your learning - it'll be worth it. Rob

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ilaya

Ilaya EF Member

Thank you for all your advices guys, it really helps me alot , I'll gonna buy text book tommorow .