Discuss Ukip in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

trev. FFS give up on the borrowing line. If ed balls had been in charge the debt would have been bigger. End of

You're entirely missing the point Clive. The tories call it Labour's recession as if they caused it when we all know, at least those of us with a modicum of intelligence do, that it was caused by the betting shop economics that the banks wanted. No political party had the balls to stop it or rein it in a little.
However, the fact remains. Borrowing has grown exponentially (almost) under this government but they try to convince us that they have it under control when the exact opposite is true. 5 years on you can't blame it on what ever conceived mess was left behind by the last lot. They promised to eliminate it within 1 parliament, it was one of their whiteboard promises "if we don't do this, in 5 years time kick us out"
Well they've screwed up on that and every other promise made by Cameron on that board and Britain has become worse under them. More foodbanks, more homelessness, a worsening NHS, less police, less firefighters, more division in society, worsening public services.

You're entirely missing the point Clive. The tories call it Labour's recession as if they caused it when we all know, at least those of us with a modicum of intelligence do, that it was caused by the betting shop economics that the banks wanted. No political party had the balls to stop it or rein it in a little.
However, the fact remains. Borrowing has grown exponentially (almost) under this government but they try to convince us that they have it under control when the exact opposite is true. 5 years on you can't blame it on what ever conceived mess was left behind by the last lot. They promised to eliminate it within 1 parliament, it was one of their whiteboard promises "if we don't do this, in 5 years time kick us out"
Well they've screwed up on that and every other promise made by Cameron on that board and Britain has become worse under them. More foodbanks, more homelessness, a worsening NHS, less police, less firefighters, more division in society, worsening public services.

Trev. You can write what you want BUT Labour would NOT have implemented cuts so our position would have been far, far worse. HM Treasury warned Gordon Brown in 2005 that he needed to spend less as tax revenues were falling - but did he listen? No. In fact they only implemented the 50% tax rate as they left office! and not before so all this posturing about 50% taxes is nothing but pandering to the voters.

Now if Labour had implemented 50% as of 1998 they could speak from experience. But they didn't!

BmVBz4jIMAElIZS.jpg:large

Ill list each response :-

1- In who's opinion!
2- Both Labour and the Conservatives have introduced sectional privatisation of the NHS... all UKIP said was certain areas would benefit from been run by private companies not in the slightest did they say they will privatise the NHS ... thats just media propaganda.
3-Abolish most public services ..so list them and show your evidence..
4-Sorry bit all parties are in some form or fashion regardless what you think.

5- The vote concerned was not about ivory, but a wide ranging motion calling for the EU to take more powers and spend more money harmonising law across Europe.
• These harmonisation moves frequently threaten to water down existing UK legislation which is already more than fit for purpose, as in this case. They get ‘averaged down’ to a European standard, making our laws less effective. What we saw was other parties picking at the ashes and twisting it beyond its intent.
6- look at the Labour or conservatives .. they are all guilty of the same crime with there members and to a greater extent.
7- This is just an attack on the wealthy ..considering over 90% of tax revenue is paid by the wealthy to support the poor to start with; all it is is just a misguided argument to win votes ...**** the rich off they will move and the poor will end up been taxed more ...something Labour ignores when screaming its policies to win votes, under the last government 1million on disability benefits dropped there claims when challenged and some had been on them for decades.. how many billions wasted do we ask?
8- Any party with a slight right wing stance will attract this kind of group ... this was the downfall of EDL, you need to watch the birth of EDL documentary and Tommy Robinson to how these extreme scum can hi-jack a movement and give them a bad name.... as UKIP stands it attracts them solely on its stance for controlled immigration and the idea of a Australia type points system which had served the Australians very well for decades.
9- Renewable energy scam has been proven so many times by independent bodies to be a waste of money .... Wind farms are fine but we need wind 24/7, solar power is still not cost effective to the government and all those paying back into the grid are been payed by not the energy companies but the tax payers....win win for the power suppliers a lose lose for the tax payer and a good deal for the first generation of solar panel customers.
10-Abolishing minimum wage is again taken out of context - what they wanted was to let employee's hire people with mental and physical disabilities and pay them a reduced wage in line with there disabilty .... this has seen good response from many charities and care homes that understand the benefits people can get from having a chance to feel less than worthless, in its trials its been very successful but is limited by existing minimum wage rules...all those interviewed would happily take work under the minimum wage because they cannot be expected to perform like an abled person.

Incorrect Adam. You're the one who brought the NHS into the discussion, not me. Go back and check, I did
Did you go back as far as post #8 where MDJ was speculating about the tories charging for doctors' appointments?

When the tories completely remove your pension and make you pay to see a doctor which could well happen, do not come on here moaning.

Media

Richard Desmond a tory/ UKIP supporter= owns channel 5
Sky= the murdochs, tory donors
the sun?
the mail?
the express?

I can go on Adam, My point is as we are nearing the Election the anti-Labour voices will be heard the loudest as they come straight into our homes continually from the Media, Regarding your point about voting UKIP, that is your choice of course, good luck at the election, I am glad the Tories have not got to you, I appreciate you can think for yourself, although I feel Farage is a man with no policies at all, if you have a link to his manefesto could you please stick it up, because apart from getting out of the EU and apart from closing the immigration doors I have no idea what his party will do for us, what is his tax rates going to be? what is his stance on the police and ambulance services etc etc etc.

Cheers.

The last period of labour government they opened the floodgates to cheap labour which destroyed wages in the building game.I dont know if the country will ever recover from the damage they did.Along with all the cheap labour came a flood of foreign violent criminals and loads from outside theEU who can stay here due to labours human rights laws.Any working man with children must be completely mad voting for them.Another 5 years of them would finish this country off forever.I am voting UKIP.There is no way they can be any worse then the revolving dictatorship of the LIB/LAB/CON that we have always had

And as for the tories doing away with pensions and making you pay to use the NHS just remember it was gordon brown who raided the pension pots and labour who were the first ones to privatise parts of the NHS in their last term in office

And just take a look at ed milliband.Can you seriously imagine him standing up to Putin and Russia? He comes across as a smug 2 faced weasel.A millionaire marxist who has never done a real days work in his life

He promises to build 200,000 homes every year.Really?And where is the land for this and how is he going to afford them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Media

Richard Desmond a tory/ UKIP supporter= owns channel 5
Sky= the murdochs, tory donors
the sun?
the mail?
the express?

Who actually watches C5?
If you can afford to pay for Sky do you actually watch the news or skip to one of the many other channels
Who buys Newspapers any more?
Who pays the subscription to read the Times?

and more importantly lets think about the BBC

The Blair Broadcasting Company - so blatently left wing its untrue?? If fact its headlines almost match those of the Guardian's

with one ex Labour Cabinet Minister on the board?

When the tories completely remove your pension and make you pay to see a doctor which could well happen, do not come on here moaning.

I think it is quite wrong to prejudge an outcome of a voting process and therefore vote differently. The LDs did pretty well out of 2010, whose to say UKIP are going to get this vote or that. They have largely come from nowhere and are filling what is a politics vacuum. As for pension, do you really expect any UK government can fund a decent pension.... you are on your own....time to build your own portfolio.... oh BTW - GB, single handed, delivered a fatal blow to pensions when he abolished tax relief on Divs ( I guess you forgot that) ... Ha ha

What division and what society. Regardless of whether borrowing was high low or whatever, its was a Tory that gave the economic plan confidence which allowed us to continue to borrow at a reasonable rate. Labour had lost that confidence both at home and to our lenders. I don't think Labour can shed the last term in office just yet. Its still too painful for some, but we'll see how MDFs campaigning goes...

but we'll see how MDFs campaigning goes...

Hahahaha! MDF lol

To be fair, I've been a life long Labour voter. As I'm sure you can tell by my sig I'm certainly no Tory. I can totally see where he's coming from. The thing is, MDF can't see how New Labour sold out the working classes a long long time ago! I'm not exactly 'anti' Labour, I'm just no longer 'pro' Labour.

If it was old Labour in opposition my vote would be going straight to them, but I certainly won't be voting for that snivelling little lost puppy Millipede any time soon!

What division and what society.
They've managed to set a lot of the working population against the unemployed, sick, poor and disabled by their rhetoric. That's the societal division I'm talking about. Malcolm X once said "If you're not careful the politicians and the press who are doing the oppressing will have you hating the people who are being oppressed"
It seems to me from all the TV programs like benefit street, life on the dole etc that they're doing a pretty good job

Reply to Ukip in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net