Discuss ULEZ Zone for the London based Sparkz in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Im waiting for tesla to unveil the pickup they said to be making along the lines of the mitsubushi l200. Initially for us market as the red necks like pick ups. But eventually coming to europe. Having test driven the tesla roadster and model x. All i can say is wow! They really respond fast and handle well. It wont be cheap but given teslas current tech it will be a van to beat all vans. No issues with these zones then
By the time engines get banned in 2040 the electric vehicles will be much cheaper

Wonder how much coal will be burnt in 2040 to power the power stations to provide the electricity to charge the cars.
I read somewhere that natiinal grid say the 2040 date should be brought forward to match eu countries!! Also said we need to build a load of nuclear plants! They are struggling to build one let alone several and theres far too much nimbyism to get anything done

I read somewhere that natiinal grid say the 2040 date should be brought forward to match eu countries!! Also said we need to build a load of nuclear plants! They are struggling to build one let alone several and theres far too much nimbyism to get anything done

We shouldn't be relying on foreign companies to build them either. All too easy to get had over in my opinion, particularly on something as complex as a power station.

But we definitely need nuclear.

It's fine saying we'll have plenty of renewables, but when everyone plugs in their cars, the sun's not likely to be shining so solar is out of the running.

@SparkyChick you do realise that if Hinkley point in the bristol channel goes kaput and into meltdown then you over in wales and me in somerset are both up the river without a paddle and likely turn a luminous green colour! think fukushima in Japan....
Personally i would build the nuclear plants in the top part of scotland out the way!

@SparkyChick you do realise that if Hinkley point in the bristol channel goes kaput and into meltdown then you over in wales and me in somerset are both up the river without a paddle and likely turn a luminous green colour! think fukushima in Japan....
Personally i would build the nuclear plants in the top part of scotland out the way!

Not much chance of Scotland agreeing to that... at least with Jimmy Krankie running the show.

A dull luminescence could come in handy when the batteries on my head torch run out in a dark attic :D

And besides... I've eaten mushrooms in Moscow not too long after Chernobyl went up. We were advised to check for radioactivity. Yeah, sure mate, just whip out the old Geiger counter I keep in my hand bag for just such occasions! :D

I have to top my van up with ad blue roughly every 3000 miles..... Is the ad blue to do with this Euro 6 malarkey and emissions?
My Caddy takes about 5k before the warning and if you ignore it there is a limit before the engine refuses to start and with stop/start you don't ignore it. We also have a Traffic sport which seems to drink Ad blue for fun.

Reply to ULEZ Zone for the London based Sparkz in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net