Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Undercut by the builder down the pub! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Had a phonecall about an hour ago asking if I could connect a new freestanding cooker up. The lady lives in a apartment building on the same development as me.
    Call went like..
    Lady: Hi, we have just bought a new cooker from Argos and need somebody to disconnect our old one and wire in the new one.
    Me: I can help with that, where abouts are you? (thinking it will be a quick easy job i can fit in)
    Lady: We are just along the road from you and wondered how much you would charge to come out later today to do it?
    Me: As you are literally a 1 minute walk away I will charge you £20 (lower than normal as its on my doorstep and I am very confident the electrics in that fancy building are okay)
    Lady: oh that is a bit high, can you go lower? as our friend who is a builder said he would do it for a tenner, hes down the pub at the moment and said he would pop in if needed after the football!
    Me: its a Sunday and I am not a charity, by all means use your builder friend who could be drunk when he wires it in... sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Bye.

I thought it was bare faced cheek on the womans part to expect me to come out on a sunday and connect a cooker for a tenner! Only considered it to begin with as my coffee would still be warm when i got back its that close.
    Worse still i am undercut by a less than sober builder down the pub!
    World gets crazier by the day!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 7
  2. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

I'l do it for a fiver.....

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    Cowboy...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

I will do it for a Kentucky meal bargain bucket , Argos don't fit cookers or ovens Curry's charge £95.00.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Did Bob the Builder do it then? or was it drunken bill shyite

6. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    Whoa that is far too much... haven't you heard there is a national shortage of KFC at the moment, apparently the new supplier has messed up and hasn't been able to deliver the chicken. so 100s of KFC's are closed due to this c**kup.. suffice to say I think the new supplier might not keep the contract if it goes on much longer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    Don't know.. I half expect them to ring back this evening asking if i could attend afterall if hes a bit drunk or forgets. supply and demand though the price goes up then;):D

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

their will have go get the scrawny chickens for India then .

9. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Customers like that aren't customers, they're jokers. Same as the plonkers who offer ten quid inebriated services. Leave em to each other.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. buzzlightyear

it would be different if the boiler brakes down. she would pay the price then .

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Madocks

Madocks Electrician's Arms

Should of mentioned the implications of an appartment, unqualified / unregistered electrical work :)

12. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Better off without customers like this ..........

£20 , when you pay tax and NI its only £14.20

13. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    brakes, brakes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Its Buzz he's over excited.......

• Like Like x 1