Discuss Underflloor heating has only a L-N-E to connect. Should there be a probe? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to wire a thermostat to and underfloor heating system on an extension I am wiring, the builder installed it and tiled the floor and threw the box and instructions away!!!! There is only L-N-E in the box to connect so obviously I cannot wire a thermostat. Is this correct or should there be a probe?

Some stats operate on floor temp....some on room...and some on both,every system I've ever connected has a floor temp probe. I'd suggest you refuse to connect the heating untill it can be confirmed how it should be connected. The builder must know where he got it from so check with the supplyer.

As wirepuller, at least you can then get the name of the manufacturer and go on to their website for a full description of the system... It does sound as if the builder has made a bit of a cock-up of the installation though!! ...lol!!

I have fitted loads of U/F heating, and they have ALL had a temp probe, and some have more than one. I also had this once as well, told client to get the person back who installed it to sort things out, I never got called back.

If you look in the control unit, you should be able to see where the probe should connect to.

Cheers............Howard

Reply to Underflloor heating has only a L-N-E to connect. Should there be a probe? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've pretty much sussed out the wiring for the radiators and underfloor heating, thanks to help from the forum. I do have one more question...
Replies
Views
Hi there I need your opinion on this one, I need to fix mat 18sqm (200w). Client instead of one mat bought 2 mats (12sqm)+(6sqm) one thermostat ...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'd like to get my Nest thermostat up and running with the gas combi boiler (Worcester Greenstar HIghflow 440 Standalone). FYI - I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock