Discuss Underfloor heating bathrooms- recommendations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got two underfloor heating systems to install- both on timber with a tiled finish. Both bathrooms are around 2 x 2.

What systems have people installed and what recommendations have you got?

I installed some 'Warmup' purchased by my customer. No idea how he came by his choice. Was supposed to be installed on their insulated base, but customer didn't want to raise the profile of the floor. So dunno how efficient (if there is such a thing with this stuff) it is. Just installed on some plywood, on top of the chipboard sub floor.

The last lot I fit (which happened to be the first lot too) was just under 12m square and pulled 7amps when on and cycling - that’s expensive heating.
I would make sure that thermal boards are fitted though even if 6mm thick otherwise you are warming the wrong way!
Thermal boards nearly double the price of the job though!

My install was done for a bloke with 'loads of money'. Don't think he cared, if he was heating up the room below, just so he didn't get cold feet. Even had it installed in the shower enclosures. I did suggest just turning on the shower for an extra minute.

He also had wi-fi controller, so he could turn it on when he was on the other side of the world. :rolleyes:

my recommendation is don't bother. total waste of labour and electrickery. a pair of socks is much cheaper to fit and easily replaced without ripping floors up.

Difficult to make much of a mark up there. I feel much the same when I'm asked to swap perfectly good light switches for "brushed chrome screwless flat plate " or some such fashionable -------s, but it's work innit?

Reply to Underfloor heating bathrooms- recommendations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net