Discuss Underfloor heating mats in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

daiplayer

Hi all, been asked to quote for putting in underfloor heating, but have never done it before. Whats the ' standard way' of wiring them in ?

Have checked some online ones and they are around 300W , Ib of around 1.5 amp , so can fuse spur off ring ? or best dedicate circuit ?

Wattage prob larger with area ? so larger Ib ?

Many thanks all

EDIT : 200W/M sqaured. , so eg: 20m square = 4 kW , .... 17A , dedicate 2.5mm 20A mcb ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually full fitting instructions are supplied mate, the ones I've fitted have been on their own radial in plush new builds but I guess you could spur off an RFC

Not difficult then i take it ? ...would prob rather run its own radial, any special instructions i should know before making a big boo boo ? lol

Fitted a few of these. You need to make sure you get exactly the right size for the area as it can be hard to loose the excess.

I would always try and put them on a seperate circuit if you can.

Yes, the larger the area, the larger your design current.

Obviously you've seen you can get differerent wattage/sq m mats.

Used this company: Electric Underfloor Heating | Underfloor Heating Kits and Systems and no complaints.

300w sounds like a pretty small system, I think the last one I did was 650w and that wasn't big!

Edit: I got a fancy stat, the one with the Neon blue background - Absolute S**t of an accessory to fit, It fills a 47mm box and the teminals are on the underside of it. Just to make you aware!

Last edited by a moderator:
i1v seen some of your posts before dai.....so whats up here?.....why not fuse it down ....of a ring (if thats whats available localy)......and if inside a bathroom etc......then FCU it outside the special location............

many thanks ! :)

The customer has told me he already bought the kit , ( haven seen it yet mind ) , but you know how it is when youve never done something before. lol, god bless this forum !!! :-D

Yeah id rather it have its own circiut, have they all got a floor probe then i take it ? ....when you did them did you advice the undermatts etc ?

''i1v seen some of your posts before dai.....so whats up here?.....why not fuse it down ....of a ring (if thats whats available localy)......and if inside a bathroom etc......then FCU it outside the special location............ ''

PMSL ! is that a dig :-/ lol

The stats i'v used give you the choice of either Floor probe, air temp or a combination of the both. Never used the single wire kits, so couldn't comment on them.

Rich

How soon after fitting is it going to be covered (tiled?)? If it's to be a while, I'd suggest a bit of latex floor levelling to protect the element (that'll mean you'll need to plug all the holes though ;)).

Reply to Underfloor heating mats in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock