Discuss Underfloor heating programmers in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Electron

Hello,

I recently attended a job where the underfloor heating programmer/ thermostat was broken. When chatting to the wholesaler to find a replacement he warned me that I would have to get the same make and model as the one that is broken. This is slightly annoying as I will have to order it instead of buying one that is in stock.

Could anyone tell me please if it is true that you need the same model? If so why is that? If I found one which had a similar load (in this case 8A/ 2kW ish) would it not work? Is it something to do with the probe not being compatible?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Thankyou,

Chris.

Do you have any idea of the make and model of the broken thermostat? The wholesaler is half right, it all depends on the floor probe and air sensors in the thermostats. If the floor probe used in the floor cannot be read by the new thermostat then the new thermostat won't work properly as being unable to read the sensor it woudn't be able to give you a correct floor temp reading.

It all depends on the make of the old thermostat for instance our 3iE thermostat (You'll have to google it as we can't post links) can read several types of floor probes making it backwards compatible with our older thermostats. If I were you I would ask the manufacturer of the broken thermostat what the current floor probe is then you can look around and see the options you have available. As long as the floor probes match it should work fine.

Hope this helps Chris,

Warmup.

Thankyou for this Warmup. The model is an Aube. Have been round the houses now and have ordered one. The guy who looks after their kit at Honeywell chatted about Thermostats that you mentioned above. This will be great if you can grab one off the shelf knowing that it can replace several models older models.

Reply to Underfloor heating programmers in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net