Discuss underfloor heating query in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thefarquhars1

Hi Guys,
Recently installed an underfloor heating system in a new extension(two rooms a utility room and family room). the system had two zones one for the utility and one for family room each room having its own room thermostat. the manifold was located in a outbuilding where the combi boiler was. in the outbuilding also was programmable room thermostat this had a remote sensor wired off it which i located on the centre of one of the walls in the family room. The system works fine with the floor heating up the exsisting time switch for the exsisting house radiaters works fine so all in all the innstallation went fine, my only querie is how does the underfloor heating work???? Would i be right in saying the programmable stat controls the maximum heat of the floor and you tweak down the room stat in the room if you want that floor at a colder temp??? Any more info from you guys would be great

I assume this is electrical under floor heating, where a heating element is laid out across the floor and then tiled over. If so then the temp probe should also be laid into the floor as well. Check the manufacturers instructions. if the probe is not in the floor then its isn't going to control the floor heating temp.

Cheers........Howard

Reply to underfloor heating query in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
I've pretty much sussed out the wiring for the radiators and underfloor heating, thanks to help from the forum. I do have one more question...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm installing a wet underfloor heating system in my own house. What would you recommend as the best smart control system? I can hardwire...
Replies
Views
Hi all, taken on a new build project and they have quite a large property with three separate manifolds. I have wired before with one manifold but...
Replies
Views
Up until now I have steered clear of heating systems. I now have quite a bit of work with a builder and will be expected to deal with the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock