Discuss Underfloor heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone installed an underfloor heating system in a house before? And if so are they energy efficient? thinking about installing one in my house but ive heard the energy bills are pretty hefty. (electrical obviously). Thanks , Lee (if the usual bell ends could refrain from commenting that would be great).:stooge_curly:

If you are thinking of adding it to a bathroom it's ok, but larger rooms can work out mighty expensive.

what sort of heating have you got a the moment?

If you are thinking of adding it to a bathroom it's ok, but larger rooms can work out mighty expensive.

what sort of heating have you got a the moment?

There's a gas boiler at the moment but it needs refurbishment. Just bought the property and trying to decide on central heating system from the boiler or underfloor heating (just in the living and dining room) (15m2)

There's a gas boiler at the moment but it needs refurbishment. Just bought the property and trying to decide on central heating system from the boiler or underfloor heating (just in the living and dining room) (15m2)

I'd stick with gas. How do you heat water?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone installed an underfloor heating system in a house before? And if so are they energy efficient? thinking about installing one in my house but ive heard the energy bills are pretty hefty. (electrical obviously). Thanks , Lee (if the usual bell ends could refrain from commenting that would be great).:stooge_curly:

Pmsfl I take it you have asked a question before on here. Normally when someone comes on and makes a comment like that they get a world of ---- thrown at them, but that seriously made me giggle my hairy a$$ off.

electric ufh mats etc. are about 140watts/sq.m. so your 15 sq.m. system would be roughly 2kW. that's around 30p/hour to run, not allowing for off time due to the stat. which in this country would not be much, so about £40 -£50 a week. stick to gas c/h.

And the rest! The ones designed to heat a room rather than just warm the floor are more like 250W/sq metre!

Once worked on an old cottage that used to have storage heaters. The client wanted it all replacing with electric under floor heating. That was in every room in the whole house. Unfortunately I left the firm before I got chance to find out how the ufh performed or cost them.

Reply to Underfloor heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock