Discuss Understandable attitude? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What's wrong with flagging the switched live? That's correct. I'm sure you are just looking for am argument in most of your posts. Do you lack attention or something?

I've been an electrician for over 35 years, domestic and commercial.
There's no way I could do a rewire as you describe and without testing it say it was safe. Give me a multimeter and the answers the same, I couldn't tell you.
Yet you and your mate have that ability, and you haven't even seen it.
You have my deepest admiration.

The word was safer, and of course it needs testing, which is what he intends doing. Read the post.

The word was safer, and of course it needs testing, which is what I intend doing. Read the post.

Good lad, now you just need someone to lend you their MFT.

I flew over to Spain yesterday, thinking I'd get away from this thread...but, no!

Anyway, the dodgy disintegrating socket I posted ages ago has been replaced, so if it doesn't stop raining soon I'll have it apart to see what's been done.

FYI, the weather isn't great:(

I flew over to Spain yesterday, thinking I'd get away from this thread...but, no!

Anyway, the dodgy disintegrating socket I posted ages ago has been replaced, so if it doesn't stop raining soon I'll have it apart to see what's been done.

Nor is the beer but I would rather be there than here.

Me too MDJ, me too...
which is why I am here!
Oh, and there are some good beers here, actually...but not the variety, of course. However, the quest continues...

Me too MDJ, me too...
which is why I am here!
Oh, and there are some good beers here, actually...but not the variety, of course. However, the quest continues...
Did they let you on the plane with that parrot on your shoulder?

I cut the grass, went to B&Q's to get some fence paint, van wouldn't start. Waited nearly two hours in the car park for the AA, then went back & painted the fences. Great day.

Why would I want to be in flippin Spain, even if it is raining there.

Did it make your arms ache ??:D

Strangely MDJ on my display it says ''HE' is doing it, not 'I', meaning he is getting someone to do it, and before you say it I don't know who or how qualified he is, nitmy problem.

Just thought I'd add to your woes Percy, some DNO's permit competent electricians, registered with certain Schemes, to cut the sealing device to their main fuse, and pull their main fuse. Complying with etc etc & wearing suitable PPE. Refereing to your #98.

The word was safer, and of course it needs testing, which is what he intends doing. Read the post.
You did say safer Percy, in fact you said far safer.
I still maintain that you cant say that it's safer without testing.
It could well be less safe, it could be down right dangerous.
It's not hard to understand.

Simply don't t have the test equipment now, only a multimeter, so not much point testing with that. Also better that he gets it tested by someone who can issue a certificate, which I can't, different from my own property. I did do a 17 th edition testing course, because after a neutral fault we needed to test in the cu, but that's not a full installation testing qualification. Fair enough some dnos permit certain authorised people to break seals, but not all. Well, I'll accept it could be less safe, but I would still say it's more likely to be safer.

Simply don't t have the test equipment now, only a multimeter, so not much point testing with that. Also better that he gets it tested by someone who can issue a certificate, which I can't, different from my own property. I did do a 17 th edition testing course, because after a neutral fault we needed to test in the cu, but that's not a full installation testing qualification. Fair enough some dnos permit certain authorised people to break seals, but not all. Well, I'll accept it could be less safe, but I would still say it's more likely to be safer.

what has this got to do with testing?

Reply to Understandable attitude? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net