Discuss Unit 4: Need to draw a circuit diagram of domestic installation. Need help! PLEASE in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

babySparkie

So part of my unit 4 practical is drawing a circuit diagram of a domestic installation, consisting of consumer control unit, installation of sockets ( ring) and 2 way switch with two light bulbs.

I have an idea how to draw a 2 way switch in a circuit diagram but have NO clue on how to draw a C.C.U and socket ring in a circuit diagram. I have visited countless websites with no luck, only found their electrical symbols. I have already done my wiring diagram, but this eludes me big time.Any websites???? Someone please help!

Thanks

Re: Unit 4: Need to draw a circuit diagram of domestic installation. Need help! PLEAS

you are putting to much thought into it, all they want to see is a basic understanding of what a consumer unit is for, and lighting circuits along with socket outlets good that you are putting a lot of thought in to it, but this can take a lot of your time up and strees you to much.

Dont forget to input a boiler and size tank if over 15 litre on its own circuit, double pole switch and show this protected at CCU rcd 1

consumer unit schedule as well.

circuit going out and coming back ring, with about 5 sockets dont forget to lable each braker, ie down stairs sockets. show this on rcd 1

circuit for kitchen again lable and show this on rcd 2

circuit for upstairs again lable and show this on rcd 2

up stairs lighting lable and show this on rcd1

circuit down stairs lighting as above but on rcd 2

bathroom lighting again as above rcd 2

with the lighting show your 2 way

and with sockets show phase going to correct side and earth
also your nuetral.

Shower from ccu to pull cord then to shower unit
example

and on and on hope this helps, keep it up all will be completed sooner than you think and you will look back and smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Unit 4: Need to draw a circuit diagram of domestic installation. Need help! PLEAS

I have similar task. Can somebody tell me, which software is usually used to create electrical wiring diagram and installation drawings for a new, one family house? Is it possible to buy or download for free an example?
regards, Wal

You should be able to draw it yourself mate

Thank You for the answer. In which program I should be able to draw?

I'm not sure what you need mate. Have you been asked by your tutor to draw a diagram of certain circuits? If so this can be done by hand.

I'm not sure what you need mate. Have you been asked by your tutor to draw a diagram of certain circuits? If so this can be done by hand.

I was asked to prepare documentation for a house, which will be build soon. Despite being an Electrical Engineer, I never saw the real drawings for domestical electrical installation. What and how must be shown? Need tutorials and examples.

Reply to Unit 4: Need to draw a circuit diagram of domestic installation. Need help! PLEASE in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net