Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Universal Vehical Security System in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. toxsickcity

toxsickcity New EF Member

Hi All,

Im new here, I hope all is well, I have a few questions I hope some experts can answer for me as I am wondering what the functionality of these features might be on this security system.

Someone broke into my car and broke my ignition key lock trying to start my car but did not succeed VERY VERY LUCK I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I brought last week a 2 way security system with a Key thats got a LCD screen,

Two wired objects in this crappy manual say to wire to a handbrake (on one harness which connects ignition/acc etc.
    and to connect to a charging indicator/oil pressure indicator. on a small harness together from control box which looks to control the doors solenoid locks.

anyways I now want to put this in, I have decent wiring skills such as having engine swapped and knowing to rewire harnesses is one thing but understanding what the use for security on the handbrake and charge light would be?
    would these be simply optional?

thanks
    Shaun

IMG_20180525_215245sm.jpg

2. snowhead

snowhead Forum Mentor

The charging light connection would detect the engine starting/running.
    The connection to the handbrake will pick up if the handbrake is released, as in car being moved .

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. loplug

loplug Electrician's Arms

@ snowhead beat me to it

The hand brake cable will tell the system the car is parked or if the hand brake is released. The other will indicate if the engine has been started. Hope this helps

4. toxsickcity

toxsickcity New EF Member

Thanks for the reply guys,