Discuss unpaid EICR, well over 6 months ago. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello, going round in circles with this.

long story short carried out and issued EICR(over 6months ago) on a 2 bed flat less than 10 years old.

landlord who i knew for a while has turned sour and isnt paying me( kept saying will speak with accountant bla bla bla.)

anyways ive tried phoning glasgow city council etc to try to void the cert as i dont want to be held reasonable/liable incase of fire or somthings melts whatever. ive also contacted direct line pl insurance but got no where with them.

anyone know which route to take? ive thought of small claims and all that but its not worth it in this case or my time/stress to deal with this anylonger

Small claims. Normally the threat of this will get them to pay.

lol, yes got text messages getting go ahead. im not caring about getting money back. i just told want to be liable for any accidents or fire damage etc from electrical faults as it is my name signed on the cert. im on call to citizens advice the now

My experience from people I know unless you have a really strong case evidence wise etc it will be hard in a small claims court for much to be done you would need contract times dates etc of everything in black and white

A eicr is only as good as the day it’s done in my eyes basically at the time testing and inspection was carried out everything was electrically sound. For all you know a cowboy or themselves could alter the wiring etc

my only thinking now is call tenant, go back to flat and just leave them a letter or somthing and explain there is no longer eicr. she will call landlord and complain so atleast someone knows.

my only thinking now is call tenant, go back to flat and just leave them a letter or somthing and explain there is no longer eicr. she will call landlord and complain so atleast someone knows.
Don't involve the tenant. Small claims against the landlord, don't just write the money off, you're running a business not a charity.

Do you have all the details for the landlord like home address etc as you will need these I would imagine can’t just send these things to the tenants house to pass on?

Op, honestly don’t understand why you are expending energy “ trying to void” the EICR. Assuming you are happy with the content/accuracy of your report, you are no better or worse off than for any report you have issued.
Simply, the issue is you have not been paid for work you were contracted to do. Issue the appropriate reminder/warning before action letters and raise a Small Debt action if necessary.
Don’t get me wrong, late/no payers p**s me off no end, but focus you’re energy on getting paid would be my advice.

Last edited:
Is it even possible to void a eicr? I thought after issued that’s it kind of like a mot test certificate after been approved can you just undo it just curious

Reply to unpaid EICR, well over 6 months ago. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock