Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Unreal........you have got to watch this in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Markyd

Markyd Regular EF Member

2. jackhammerJIM

jackhammerJIM Regular EF Member

classic builder balls up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Lessons learnt "don't let builders do electrics", what a shocking video, name and shame the builder, no trouble.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

Is it sad that I'm not really shocked ?
    Ok it's rare I see an entire completed install messed up that badly, but seeing work of that standard is a weekly thing for me.

Get on your local new build estate for a few eye openers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Another YouTube drama queen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Just watching it... that install is truly shocking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Just watching it makes me want to punch that tw*t.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Yes I'll bet there are

9. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I went to a job this week where the customer has done about 50K refurbishing their house....New kitchen, bathrooms, heating system, plastered, wood work, decorating, carpets the lot and the house is mostly still wired in TRS that falls apart as soon as you look at it. The Prat didn’t consider the electrics :confused:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Rpa07

Rpa07 4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    I stopped watching at the mini trunking on the ceiling - I’m impressionable!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Even when I was working the golden rule for the customer was "as long as it looks nice I don't care" sad really, spend 10s of Ks on stuff that looks nice but nothing on stuff that can kill or cause damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

When I was mainly doing work for private customers...rather than contracting, I lost count the amount of times I went around to quote kitchen rewires and the customer would sit there saying how they’ve spent 30K + with the kitchen company but then would look at you like you’ve just took a turd in their kettle when you say it’s a grand to rewire the kitchen....Normal response would be something like “oh I thought it would only be a couple of hundred”

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I've just refused a job replacing some downlights in a kitchen. Large Victorian property owned by the current occupiers for two years. Fully renovated and decorated by the previous owner just before the sale. The prospect of no work to be done is what sealed the sale.

Under the stairs is a hotchpotch of 3036 enclosures and even a switchfuse supplying an upstairs CU for a flat that hasn't been there since the 80's. No cpc in any of the lighting. Rubber twin cables evident.
    Thanks but no thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ipf

ipf Forum Mentor

What's wrong with after thoughts, eh?:rolleyes:

15. plugsandsparks

plugsandsparks Electrician's Arms

If that causes a rant , he needs to get out more, its only a 1 bed flat, ffs. Just do the insp and testing, declare it dangerous and move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1