• Thread starter Deleted member 9648
  • Start date

Discuss Unreasonable expectations and gardeners in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Deleted member 9648

Did an EICR 18 months ago, this week an external pumped water system packed up. Connection cooked on an FCU. Apparently I should have picked it up on the EICR.....despite the fact that it's been working constantly for the last 18 months......Oh, and the gardener has said it must be on it's own circuit (it's currently fed perfectly satisfactorily off a local ring)….so why wasn't that picked up? The 'effin gardener said it's a regulation so it must be right.
Does anyone else find people think an EICR is a guarantee that nothing will go wrong for the next 1000 years and that the gardener knows more about electrics than the electrician?

Oh, and the gardener has said it must be on it's own circuit (it's currently fed perfectly satisfactorily off a local ring)….so why wasn't that picked up? The 'effin gardener said it's a regulation so it must be right.

Give the gardener your regs book and tell him to point out the reg.

I've decided to employ a modern day Capability Brown to design my blank landscape rear garden of my new build.

I did have some troubling electrical questions about garden sheds, hot tubs & garden lighting. I was apprehensive on starting a thread on here and being ridiculed for my lack of knowledge.

I'll speak to Titchmarsh instead.

I get men who can't even put strimming cord into a strimmer ridiculing my work.

Forklift drivers who are incapable of filling their own truck with gas who are in their heads qualified to slander my efforts.

I just try and shrug them off. Some times I bite. I always regret it when I do.

At the end of the day, I'm making more money than them, so if bad mouthing me gets them through their day, good luck to them. Nobody with any sense would listen to the fools anyway.

I get men who can't even put strimming cord into a strimmer ridiculing my work.

Forklift drivers who are incapable of filling their own truck with gas who are in their heads qualified to slander my efforts.

I just try and shrug them off. Some times I bite. I always regret it when I do.

At the end of the day, I'm making more money than them, so if bad mouthing me gets them through their day, good luck to them. Nobody with any sense would listen to the fools anyway.

I always remember when a few of us got taken out for a meal by a happy customer. One of the mechanical guy said about me, "How come hes going? He only puts red-to-red and black-to-black...." My reply of "Well you only bolt metal together!" didn't go down well....

I always remember when a few of us got taken out for a meal by a happy customer. One of the mechanical guy said about me, "How come hes going? He only puts red-to-red and black-to-black...." My reply of "Well you only bolt metal together!" didn't go down well....
Sounds like the toolmaker in our place

Sure it's only three wires!

Did you enjoy the meal? or was the atmosphere a bit strained ?

They did get an email this afternoon saying the installation is fully compliant but if they wish to take the gardeners advise on regulations I will be happy to install a new circuit for north of £300.
I haven't received a reply as yet.

Ask the customer to get the gardener to dig the trench for new SWA. Insist you want 500mm and to be dug out by hand hahaha

Did you enjoy the meal? or was the atmosphere a bit strained ?

It was very nice mate.
I remember another customer who took us out for a meal... The starter was 'pickled chickens feet'.... That as not so nice, but I had to try it, as I have never had them before.

Give the gardener your regs book and tell him to point out the reg.
Mucky paw prints no thanks tell him to buy his own and point it out
Did an EICR 18 months ago, this week an external pumped water system packed up. Connection cooked on an FCU. Apparently I should have picked it up on the EICR.....despite the fact that it's been working constantly for the last 18 months......Oh, and the gardener has said it must be on it's own circuit (it's currently fed perfectly satisfactorily off a local ring)….so why wasn't that picked up? The 'effin gardener said it's a regulation so it must be right.
Does anyone else find people think an EICR is a guarantee that nothing will go wrong for the next 1000 years and that the gardener knows more about electrics than the electrician?
dont forget the plumber the gas man the postman and the milk man they all know more about our trade than we do o_O

Were you working in China?
Got taken out for a meal whilst I was in Russia (1987) went to a Russian Government Restaurant on the menu, Uzbekistan Kebab, nice I thought, give that a coat of looking at, didn't realise the Uzbek's kebab ed Gristle and fat, feet what ever, worst meal I have EVER had but had to persevere for courtesies sake, nearly brought it up in the restaurant, Kebab my foot, well almost.

Got taken out for a meal whilst I was in Russia (1987) went to a Russian Government Restaurant on the menu, Uzbekistan Kebab, nice I thought, give that a coat of looking at, didn't realise the Uzbek's kebab ed Gristle and fat, feet what ever, worst meal I have EVER had but had to persevere for courtesies sake, nearly brought it up in the restaurant, Kebab my foot, well almost.
Did you get any decent feeds over there.

My boss was in China, he was sick of eating chicken feet. Apparently it is an expensive delicacy, they were trying to treat him.

We had a few Chinese guys come over to install new machinery. I asked him what was the maddest thing he ever ate.

Apparently you can go to a market, select a still live snake. The vendor will slice it open pluck out the still beating heart and place it in a vodka shot.

Supposedly when you drink it, it will make you more virile.

He kept saying how good it is for men.

Reply to Unreasonable expectations and gardeners in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock