Discuss UPDATE- to job offer (thanks to all that chipped in!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARK2B

for any and all who posted response to

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...um/101690-job-offer-opinions-info-please.html

yesterday in the post arrived the info, job pack and contracts,....setback, they accidently sent me one for fully qualified electrician, so i rings them up, i told the nice lady that although i would love as a trainee to earn the wage of a fully qualified electrician,.... my contract should state ÂŁ6 an hour, apprentice etc etc...

she assures me she will get back to me,......20 mins later.....phonecall

yes there is a mistake with the grade and pay

ok i thought, at least they will sort it now

she gos on to tell me that i will be employed as an improver, on the rate of JUST UNDER ÂŁ10 an hour.....

and it had all been signed off by the manager, and she had just phoned him to confirm,......happy days for me indeed!!

and they are paying for my level 3 at college, so another grand saved.....

four day work week, and the college day off, so a 3 day work week, paid day at college....

all this happend because i cheekily emailed the electrical manager at the council and asked if they were looking to take on any trainees,...he informed me that they were not, but asked me to email in my details anyway, and now we are here,....

i honestly feel like the luckiest guy in the world !

great supporting wife, nice home, a puppy, a new pencil sharpener for college,....its all rock and roll !!

cant wait to get them new tools dirty!!

again, as always, HUGE THANKS to all those over the last 2 years that i have asked questions, and who have answered AND HELPED ME ALONG ON THIS JOURNEY!!.....my appreciation cannot be put over properly in typed words!!

SPARK2B

Last edited by a moderator:
If only you had the forsight about choosing your forum name.... :) When you are qualified it aint going to exactly fit anymore lol, great news all the best.

Great news and congratulations. Just goes to show with some persistence you can make your own luck. Hope it works out well for you.

I did, about 2 mins after picking the name SPARK2B think to myself, well, when i qualify, that name will be off!.....but at least itll always remind me where i started and came from.

its all coming togeather, @ last!

SPARK2B

You had a dig at long term existing members
You used suggestive offensive insult
We are all subject to the re-enforced forum rules no matter on your post count so I would suggest an 'of topic' remark was very lenient...I suggest you don't carry it on with flippant remarks like this ;) expressed as a freindly reminder :smile5:

Yes sir, very sorry sir, it wont happen again sir.

Absolutely no need for the Sir ... was hopefully helping you by stopping you digging a hole .... seen some highly respected members banned in the last week for questioning the Mod's and giving smart comments as I said it was lenient just to put 'off topic' on it - lets leave it at that, the arms is slightly more relaxed but not the main forum.

PS as to your your attitude in post 15 - I'm my own Boss, I don't answer to anyone yet I'll give mutual respect to all those that give it back... I've been on here longer and helped more people than some of our excellent Mod's and have a mutual respect for the job they have to do, they now have to spend their own time editing this thread because of your snide and offensive comments ...

Last edited:
anyone around who can throw me some info on level 3 of the 2365 ?

i had a blip through it and it looks like level 2, but to a greater depth, a bit more on renewables and such ?

thanks in advance for any
direction or info

SPARK2B

thankyou all soooooo much for your kind words!!!!.....really.

from a person who literally had sleepless nights before college started worrying about the maths side of things, to now, its been a journey, ........

any hints and tips i should know about mainly domestic / light commercial work ?.......i dont wana be a smartass for my trainer, but any info that you think will help or things you would pass on would be a MASSIVE HELP

as always

Many thanks

SPARK2B

Well done and good luck for the future of your career.
It is nice to see some success and this is success and then some!

Always think about what you have been asked to do, and then, if still unsure, ask the question; do not think I should already know this, maybe you should, but if you do not know now then it is better to find out than be in the dark forever.

Remember that time is always a factor in jobs but safety should be your main concern.
It is amazing how easy it is to become complacent.

WoWzah and forward to the furture:smile5:

Mucho Appreciato Mr Burns!

cant wait!!!!!!

SPARK2B

****QUESTION TO ALL AND ABOVE******

THEY ARE PROVIDING PPE (AS LAW DICTATES)...WILL PPE INCLUDE A LOCK OFF KIT ?......

SPARK2B

I wouldnt call a lock off kit PPE, although it is a important tool in the tool box.

I wouldnt imagine they will allow you to carry out safe isoltion without being supervised while you still are employed as a apprentice.

Reply to UPDATE- to job offer (thanks to all that chipped in!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net