Discuss Upgrade of old MEM TPN board. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sesl

-
Reaction score
Looking for a bit of input/advice here but details are short atm.

Going to review for quotation an old rewireable BS3036 distribution board. You know the ones with a top, middle and bottom bank of 10 fuse holders in a row.

Anyway, all single phase outgoing circuits but may include facility for a couple of future 3phase loads.

Any thoughts on best solution, manufacturer, etc. It's a social club with gym, squash courts, bar, function hall. Probably aiming for RCBO throughout. Almost certainly a TN system but loading still to be determined.

Long time since I've fitted TPN DB so don't know who is popular and who to avoid.

Also need to consider supply and neutral tail sizes and isolator sizing.

I would avoid Proteus, Memshield 3 devices are good but the quality of the actual board is poor compaired to the discontinued Memshield 2. Hager are well layed out internally and good value for money.

Thanks for that input guys. I'll check up dimensions and RCBO prices for those suggestions. Added to Hager DB's in the past and they are well laid out (for a change).
Gonna be pricey for RCBO's but maybe get a discount for about 30+ of them!

Shop about and play wholesalers off against each other. Also if you opt for Hager make sure of getting the correct rcbos as the ones for the triple pole boards have longer fly leads than those for the consumer units.

Last edited:

Reply to Upgrade of old MEM TPN board. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock