Discuss Upgrading supplier fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pat H

-
Reaction score
Got a job with a 60amp supplier head fuse. Contacted Eon re upgrading to 80amp or 100amp.
Their reply is they don't do that I need a qualified electrician!

Perhaps the planned load is higher than 60A. Shower and a cooker nowadays and you're about at 60A.
Yes. Shower cooker hot tub. Adding second shower wven with diversity I'm over budget. So requested a larger supply fuse.
I'll have to talk direct with Eon and clarify its their equipment not the customers. Maybe they think its the CCU breaker?

You you need to contact the dno for the area not the supplier or meter operator they won't have a clue. Only the dno are allowed to upgrade there supply fuse.

Yes. Shower cooker hot tub. Adding second shower wven with diversity I'm over budget. So requested a larger supply fuse.
I'll have to talk direct with Eon and clarify its their equipment not the customers. Maybe they think its the CCU breaker?

Ok sorted now. Just need to check tails are large enough.

DNO is sorted and booked but question is on tails now. They seem to measure around 10mm diameter (external) so I suspect 16mm CSA rather than the required 25mm CSA. DNO don't handle that so I may have to go back to EON to sort that.
What's the betting if I call to request bigger tails they refer me to a VET....

Am thinking if I have tails in hand he maybe tempted.

Reply to Upgrading supplier fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Good morning Guys Looking for some advice with regard to a current job. Building company I'm doing work for are installing...
Replies
Views
If there isn't a 2-pole isolator there already, I usually get the client to arrange to get one fitted before I do a board change, either through...
Replies
Views
I try to keep out of Domestic work but I have a problem at home. Currently I have a wylex fuse board with re-wire fuses. they are great because...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock