Discuss URGENT 2394 in 2 hours time!!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi I've got my 2394 in a couple of hours and a practise question was write a list of consumer units and protective devices cheapest to most expensive good and bad points for each. Plus if anyone knows of random stuff they might ask cheers

Hi I've got my 2394 in a couple of hours and a practise question was write a list of consumer units and protective devices cheapest to most expensive good and bad points for each. Plus if anyone knows of random stuff they might ask cheers

Who concocted this crap? It has nothing to do with any inspection and test procedure.

It has no relevance whatsoever to BS7671. The only option for CU's and switchgear, is that meets the required British Standard in the case of MCB's RCD's RCBO's etc it is BS60898, BS61009, BS61008 and so on, cant remember what BS no's apply to CU's there are a few. As long as the kit is compliant, price has no bearing on the issue whatsoever.

Tell whoever set this question, to do something more relevant to the subject, like asking things like "Where an RCD is used for additional protection on a new ring final circuit, it should operate in how many ms at how many times its trip current, and how many mA".

Cheers...........Howard

Are they asking, re-wirable fuses, cartridge fuses, MCBs, RCBOs. Split CUs, high integrity CUs, never understood why they are called high integrity though, with the pros and cons of each?

They shouldnt be asking random stuff, City and Guilds wont!. Your course, exams, and practical assessments should only contain relevant info from GN3, GS38, OSG and BGB. Anything else is totally irrelevant to the qualification. GN3 contains all the relevant bits from the other books, so you only need to learn one publication, but need to be aware that it is connected to the others. If you know and understand GN3, you will have no problems.

Cheers........Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
if you dont know the subject by now.............

speaking of which , i have my design exam in 24 hrs and dont plan on doing any revision tonite or tomorrow.
i either know it by now or not.

speaking of which , i have my design exam in 24 hrs and dont plan on doing any revision tonite or tomorrow.
i either know it by now or not.

Absolutely!
Best thing I find before an exam is to just chill out, forget about the subject and finally stroll in there like a calm thing on a calm day.

Oh yeah, hope it goes well for you!

thanks guys.
time , or lack of , will be the killer for the 2396 written.
meh , pass or fail , i know i've put the hours in so we'll see how it goes on the day , i am fairly pragmatic towards exams. :)

just got back from sitting it myself, funny how the simple things just escape you on the night which five things did you list? we have been revising old 2391 papers and i found the questions tonight to be completely different in there wording which does throw you off very tight on time to

thanks guys.
time , or lack of , will be the killer for the 2396 written.
meh , pass or fail , i know i've put the hours in so we'll see how it goes on the day , i am fairly pragmatic towards exams. :)

Do they allow trolls into an exam room????????????:rockon:

Polarity, earth sleeving, live conductors insulated, correct colours, connections mechanically sound but in gn3 it's different so maybe not as good as I thought. You?

no visual damage to insulation,no burrs or sharp edges on cable entries, metal back boxes earth, correct connection of conductors,can't remember the last one

just about didn't even touch on it in the course just from memory. i put 150mm from floors, ceilings and corners, straight lines vertically or horizontally between accessories? can't bring myself to check in the on-site guide tonight

- - - Updated - - -

just about didn't even touch on it in the course just from memory. i put 150mm from floors, ceilings and corners, straight lines vertically or horizontally between accessories? can't bring myself to check in the on-site guide tonight

- - - Updated - - -
dont think its from floors..

- - - Updated - - -

did mine today when do results come out ?

Reply to URGENT 2394 in 2 hours time!!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock