Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Using low voltage lamps and Selv power supplies in domestic livghting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MelloPeck

MelloPeck New EF Member

Hi, I have a ceiling rose which doesn't have an earth wire and I want to connect a light fitting which requires an earth connection.
    It's not possible to rewire the ceiling rose at the moment so I am considering the possibility of using a low voltage (12 - 85 volt DC) E27 led lamp connected to a suitable double insulated SELV led driver power supply unit.
    It's quite a few years since I worked as an electrician and I'm not sure if this arrangement would be in keeping with current regulations.
    I would be interested to hear any views.

2. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

Yeah, if the driver is a class 2 double insulated unit then that would be fine as it specifically must not be connected to earth.