Discuss Using Makita Li-on batteries on Dewalt body. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Where's your modding sensibilities, guys?! I want to know how that works...... I have plenty of knackered tools with great batteries, and good tools with knackered batteries, getting them to fit this way would be tidy. Also, would be cool to get three or four lithiums that fit all your tools with various 'adaptors' for all your tools.

Is that just the shell of the dewalt battery, wired to the makita clip diretly so it fits, then? I like it!

Yes, it is. All that you need is a knackered battery holder and an empty shell. Then you cut it, clean it with sand paper and then glue it with solvent cement. Make sure that the positive and negative are correct in case you want to use the Dewalt charger as well.

Where's your modding sensibilities, guys?! I want to know how that works...... I have plenty of knackered tools with great batteries, and good tools with knackered batteries, getting them to fit this way would be tidy. Also, would be cool to get three or four lithiums that fit all your tools with various 'adaptors' for all your tools.

Is that just the shell of the dewalt battery, wired to the makita clip diretly so it fits, then? I like it!
[video=youtube;39unmJWigmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39unmJWigmA[/video]

Where the hell can you get 2 ryobi batts for 40 bucks? Isn't that like 25 earth pounds?

Yes, it is. All that you need is a knackered battery holder and an empty shell. Then you cut it, clean it with sand paper and then glue it with solvent cement. Make sure that the positive and negative are correct in case you want to use the Dewalt charger as well.

you should make a video of how its done.

tell you what the drills are bulky enough sometimes never mind extra bits hanging off them in a cupboard, think i will stick to the standard batts.

Well, my Makita SDS packed up after 2 years of heavy duty use so I was left with two healthy batteries that I wanted to put into good use.
Currently I haven’t got a body and faulty battery to use in order to create a clip.

phil does have a point, wonder if theres a way of slimming it down? still a good solutIon though.

maybe an umbilical cord type thing like you can do to the makita batts so they clip onto the belt rather than the drill. makes it real light and easier to work with

maybe an umbilical cord type thing like you can do to the makita batts so they clip onto the belt rather than the drill. makes it real light and easier to work with
I thought about it though. It is like the power supply to the cameras flash in the past with a flex curly wire.
:)

Yea that would just be better anyway even if you were using the original batts, and should be well easy to knock up. I may have a look at that....

I guess that would boil down to how often you would be switching tools or had to put the machine down but unclipping would still be easier and safer than a trailing cable.

Think i'll stick with replacing mine with genuine batteries. Times arn't quite that hard at the minute.

Good idea though.

Hi chaps,
I just made another one. (Well, not fully finished though) My mate had a few Ryobi batteries 2.4 amp Li-on and recently changed to Dewalt.
There are a few pictures of almost exactly what is done and tools/materials needed.

Attachments

• Using Makita Li-on batteries on Dewalt body. DSC00014 (2) - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC00014 (2).jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Using Makita Li-on batteries on Dewalt body. DSC00015 (2) - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC00015 (2).jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Using Makita Li-on batteries on Dewalt body. DSC00016 (2) - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC00016 (2).jpg
    185 KB · Views: 60
  • Using Makita Li-on batteries on Dewalt body. DSC00017 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC00017.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 57
some werid and wonderful things you find on here! personally if id took the time gutt the orginal battery i would just buy some new cells and fix the orginal battery. You can get the cells used in nimh dewalts for about a £0.75pence if brought in bulk.

My mod that i did to my dewalt 36v flash light was pretty sweet, i brought the best led i could find a 700lm luxeon rebel tri-star from America and fitted it to the snake torch with a cpu heatsink the torch lasted for about 35hrs and brighter than the orginal. It was that good that someone nicked it. I was gutted i spend a fair few evenings doing it!

Reply to Using Makita Li-on batteries on Dewalt body. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock