Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Using rechargeable batteries in fluke MFT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Antonakis

Antonakis Active EF Member

Hi everyone

Just a quick question is it ok to use rechargeable batteries in my fluke multifunction tester. Or can it give me off readings ?

2. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

You really need to contact fluke regarding this.
    Some MFTs come with rechargeable batteries, and have a pug in transformer and a d.c. input jack point, so you don't have to remove the batteries to charge.

3. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    You have to go by manufacturers instructions what do they say?

• Like Like x 1
  4. HandySparks

HandySparks Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    The user manual for my 1652C says that alkaline, NiCd or NiMH can be used. I've not tried rechargeables in it myself.

The Flukes won't work reliably on low cell voltages. So I've started using non-rechargeable Lithium. Although more expensive, they have a higher voltage and last much longer than alkalines.

5. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Respected Member

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    I think some of the MFTs (can't remember which make) had a setting to state if you were using rechargeable or alkaline batteries. The tester would then take account of the reduced voltage supplied by the rechargeable batteries.

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    some recommend not using rechargeable batteries because of the capability of thes batteries being able to prodovide high short circuit currents. as handy sparks, i use non-rechargeable LI-Ions. £24 for a pack of 24 and they last 6 times as long as alkalines.

7. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms