Discuss Using SWA cables in parallel in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What is this supplying? With the info above id lean twoards 2x 95mm 4c
Each cable needs the appropriate correction factors applying first before adding together if using in parallel. volt drop and making sure zs is low enough for the protective device needs considering also.

There will be a separate cpc installed to achieve the maximum Zs for the mccb. The supply is for a unit that will be effectively rented so no idea what sort of load it will be.

There will be a separate cpc installed to achieve the maximum Zs for the mccb. The supply is for a unit that will be effectively rented so no idea what sort of load it will be.
Do you know the mccb max zs from manufacturer, as this may be the big influencing factor to what size cable(s) you need to install as 100meter run and 300 amp supply is rather large.

The Ze was 0.09 I'll have a look when I get in the office buts it's a 400A Square D MCCB set at around 0.8 mulitiplyer to give 300A I have a feeling it was 0.37

The Ze was 0.09 I'll have a look when I get in the office buts it's a 400A Square D MCCB set at around 0.8 mulitiplyer to give 300A I have a feeling it was 0.37
You need to apply a tolerance of +20% using a mccb for max zs giving a multiplier of 1.2
See beama guide to low voltage circuit breaker standards.
It's a good download to give good guidance.

What's the tolerance of 20% for? I'm really thinking the 2x 95mm are going to be a lot easier than a 300mm2

What's the tolerance of 20% for? I'm really thinking the 2x 95mm are going to be a lot easier than a 300mm2
It's the tripping characteristic of the device.
Manufacturers may state lower tolerances that's why it's best just to ask the manufacturer

I have found on their website what they state the maximum Zs at max- 0.968 min- 0.052
Is it a nsx 400 micro logic 2.3?
I have zs times from Schneider which is square D now anyway.
You need the isd short time setting which will be on the device.
For example an (isd)Im short time setting of 1.5 is o.33 ohms.
Isd of 10 is 0.050 ohms.
If you've got your info from an old Square D site it maybe more accurate tho as mine is Schneider.

Last edited:

Reply to Using SWA cables in parallel in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock